sound levels

ScottM
Hi
   can anyone share some working code, that returns a value for recorded sounded, I have having a lot of problems with students not being able to setup the they Mic and want to add some visual indicators, i have tried before i just can not get the example of voice levels to work

Re: sound levels

Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib
Hey,

1. The property for displaying current sounds volume is called *activityLevel
*(we use it to populate a progress-bar component every 250ms for visual
indication).

2. Another important property of the Microphone object is called *gain *and
it's being used for setting the microphone sensitivity (increase and
decrease volume level).

3. Note that this is part of flash.media package, which would probably
never going to be included in FlexJS, which means you should probably want
to start considering your alternatives.

Good luck,
Evyatar