problem installing SDK

Fred Brunton
Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop (Windows 10 of course) and have been
having trouble getting the Flex SDK installed.  I think there were a few
attempts where the application failed part way.

Currently, when I run apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.3.0-bin.exe a progress
bar appears.  At the end of the progress bar, it says "verifying
download..." and the progress bar disappears.  At this point, I am
expecting the AIR application to launch and start downloading and
installing, but nothing happens.

I tried to look for previous releases of the installer so I could uninstall
them, but after looking in the control panel and in the program
files/program files (x86) folders, I don't see anything to uninstall.

Any ideas, I am really looking forward to using Flex on my new high power
laptop.

Cheers,
Fred

Re: problem installing SDK

piotrz
Hi Fred,

What do you mean by "and the progress bar disappears." ? It went to 100%?
Can you provide full log and some screenshot ?

Thanks, Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: problem installing SDK

Fred Brunton
Hi Piotr,

Yes, the progress bar goes to 100%.  Here's a screenshot of what it looks
like right before the progress bar window goes away.

http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDK.png

And here's a few seconds screen recording:

http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDKVideo.mp4

Where would I look for logging?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers,
Fred

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> What do you mean by "and the progress bar disappears." ? It went to 100%?
> Can you provide full log and some screenshot ?
>
> Thanks, Piotr

> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently purchased a new laptop (Windows 10 of course) and have been
> > having trouble getting the Flex SDK installed.  I think there were a few
> > attempts where the application failed part way.
> >
> > Currently, when I run apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.3.0-bin.exe a progress
> > bar appears.  At the end of the progress bar, it says "verifying
> > download..." and the progress bar disappears.  At this point, I am
> > expecting the AIR application to launch and start downloading and
> > installing, but nothing happens.
> >
> > I tried to look for previous releases of the installer so I could
> uninstall
> > them, but after looking in the control panel and in the program
> > files/program files (x86) folders, I don't see anything to uninstall.
> >
> > Any ideas, I am really looking forward to using Flex on my new high power
> > laptop.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Fred
> >

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Re: problem installing SDK

piotrz
Fred,

I miss understand you - I thought you have problem with installed version
of installer. Do you have Adobe Air installed ? What version ?

I'm wondering whether package is unpack - If you go to the following
location: c:\Users\{youruser}\AppData\Local\Temp\ and run *.exe by double
click - Do you see any folder with "AIR....tmp" in the name being created ?

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi Piotr,
>
> Yes, the progress bar goes to 100%.  Here's a screenshot of what it looks
> like right before the progress bar window goes away.
>
> http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDK.png
>
> And here's a few seconds screen recording:
>
> http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDKVideo.mp4
>
> Where would I look for logging?
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Cheers,
> Fred
>
> On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Fred,
> >
> > What do you mean by "and the progress bar disappears." ? It went to 100%?
> > Can you provide full log and some screenshot ?
> >
> > Thanks, Piotr

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I recently purchased a new laptop (Windows 10 of course) and have been
> > > having trouble getting the Flex SDK installed.  I think there were a
> few
> > > attempts where the application failed part way.
> > >
> > > Currently, when I run apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.3.0-bin.exe a
> progress
> > > bar appears.  At the end of the progress bar, it says "verifying
> > > download..." and the progress bar disappears.  At this point, I am
> > > expecting the AIR application to launch and start downloading and
> > > installing, but nothing happens.
> > >
> > > I tried to look for previous releases of the installer so I could
> > uninstall
> > > them, but after looking in the control panel and in the program
> > > files/program files (x86) folders, I don't see anything to uninstall.
> > >
> > > Any ideas, I am really looking forward to using Flex on my new high
> power
> > > laptop.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Fred
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Piotr Zarzycki
> >
> > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: problem installing SDK

Fred Brunton
Hi Piotr,

I looked at the folder c:\Users\{youruser}\AppData\Local\Temp\.  I didn't
see the "Air...tmp" folder, but there was a lot of junk in there.  So I
deleted the contents of the folder and ran the
apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.3.0-bin.exe
installer again.  I was just planning on inspecting the temp folder
afterwards.

To my surprise, this time the Apache Flex SDK installer did launch and
appears to be working.  I'll cross my fingers in hope that that the
installation is successful.

Thanks so much for your help!
Fred

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 2:36 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Fred,
>
> I miss understand you - I thought you have problem with installed version
> of installer. Do you have Adobe Air installed ? What version ?
>
> I'm wondering whether package is unpack - If you go to the following
> location: c:\Users\{youruser}\AppData\Local\Temp\ and run *.exe by double
> click - Do you see any folder with "AIR....tmp" in the name being created ?
>
> Thanks, Piotr

> > Hi Piotr,
> >
> > Yes, the progress bar goes to 100%.  Here's a screenshot of what it looks
> > like right before the progress bar window goes away.
> >
> > http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDK.png
> >
> > And here's a few seconds screen recording:
> >
> > http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDKVideo.mp4
> >
> > Where would I look for logging?
> >
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Fred
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Fred,
> > >
> > > What do you mean by "and the progress bar disappears." ? It went to
> 100%?
> > > Can you provide full log and some screenshot ?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Piotr

> been
> > few

> > progress

> > > uninstall

> > power

> > > --
> > >
> > > Piotr Zarzycki
> > >
> > > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
> > >

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Re: problem installing SDK

Fred Brunton
The installation was successful.  Thanks again!

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Fred Brunton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
>
> I looked at the folder c:\Users\{youruser}\AppData\Local\Temp\.  I didn't
> see the "Air...tmp" folder, but there was a lot of junk in there.  So I
> deleted the contents of the folder and ran the apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.3.0-bin.exe
> installer again.  I was just planning on inspecting the temp folder
> afterwards.
>
> To my surprise, this time the Apache Flex SDK installer did launch and
> appears to be working.  I'll cross my fingers in hope that that the
> installation is successful.
>
> Thanks so much for your help!
> Fred
>
> On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 2:36 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Fred,
>>
>> I miss understand you - I thought you have problem with installed version
>> of installer. Do you have Adobe Air installed ? What version ?
>>
>> I'm wondering whether package is unpack - If you go to the following
>> location: c:\Users\{youruser}\AppData\Local\Temp\ and run *.exe by double
>> click - Do you see any folder with "AIR....tmp" in the name being created
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks, Piotr

>> > Hi Piotr,
>> >
>> > Yes, the progress bar goes to 100%.  Here's a screenshot of what it
>> looks
>> > like right before the progress bar window goes away.
>> >
>> > http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDK.png
>> >
>> > And here's a few seconds screen recording:
>> >
>> > http://analyticaonline.com/fred/flexSDKVideo.mp4
>> >
>> > Where would I look for logging?
>> >
>> > Thanks for the quick reply.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Fred
>> >
>> > On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <
>> [hidden email]>

>> 100%?

>> been
>> > few