microphone activity code / widget

ScottM
Hi
  has anyone got a bit of code that will detect microphone input, maybe so a level  ?

I can record off the mic, however i have tried a  few times to get flex app to show the level of input with out any success

thanks Scott

Re: microphone activity code / widget

Erik J. Thomas
Hey Scott:

I had the same problem a few years ago and the activityLevel never shows anything no matter what event you listen for. I think it was marked a bug that was then resolved as not important enough to fix, so we ended up not implementing a feature that required (it wasn't high priority anyway) it and wrote it off as an AIR limitation. Just one of many AIR limitations, including no audio echo cancellation until they finally got that into an AIR release recently for mobile. They had it for flash player some years ago but were extremely slow getting it done for mobile.

Anyway, just one of the issues of working with AIR.

Activity level may be fixed by now though in a recent version of AIR. If not, you may be able to write an ANE to do it if nobody fixed this issue, or there may be a workaround I'm not familiar with.

Erik