java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
I have had this error before, but it appears to be much more serious than in previous occasions, and I desperately need a solution because I am about to travel to New York in less than a week to develop a marketing plan for my application, and it currently does not work to be able to show it to my business associates!  Any help is greatly GREATLY appreciated!!

So, my app was working perfectly as expected.  The last thing that I needed to do was to include Google Maps into my app, so I downloaded an ANE from FlashLabs called RichWebView, which is a modified stageWebView that allows you to communicate with Javascript.  I have used it before.  I install the ANE, make modifications to my descriptor file, and then all hell broke loose when I tried to install my final app to my iPad.  I got the following error with no further description:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching RealDealsTabletFinal".
java.lang.NullPointerException

After reading of others who had similar problems, I cleaned and recreated my workspace.  No joy.  I created a totally new workspace.  No joy.  I finally uninstalled Flash Builder, re-installed it, and imported my app from a backup, and I am still getting the java.lang.NullPointerException error.  I have no other ideas.

I am not really good with descriptor files, and wonder if when I was setting up my ANE, if a wrong entry in the descriptor may be responsible for such an error???

PLEASE, any thoughts at all, no matter how random they may seem, would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue as to where to start.

Thanks!!!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

Alex Harui-2
No stack trace with the NPE?   It should be in the log.  Post the stack
trace.  It might help narrow down the problem.

-Alex

On 6/20/17, 10:50 PM, "bilbosax" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have had this error before, but it appears to be much more serious than
>in
>previous occasions, and I desperately need a solution because I am about
>to
>travel to New York in less than a week to develop a marketing plan for my
>application, and it currently does not work to be able to show it to my
>business associates!  Any help is greatly GREATLY appreciated!!
>
>So, my app was working perfectly as expected.  The last thing that I
>needed
>to do was to include Google Maps into my app, so I downloaded an ANE from
>FlashLabs called RichWebView, which is a modified stageWebView that allows
>you to communicate with Javascript.  I have used it before.  I install the
>ANE, make modifications to my descriptor file, and then all hell broke
>loose
>when I tried to install my final app to my iPad.  I got the following
>error
>with no further description:
>
>An internal error occurred during: "Launching RealDealsTabletFinal".
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>After reading of others who had similar problems, I cleaned and recreated
>my
>workspace.  No joy.  I created a totally new workspace.  No joy.  I
>finally
>uninstalled Flash Builder, re-installed it, and imported my app from a
>backup, and I am still getting the java.lang.NullPointerException error.
>I
>have no other ideas.
>
>I am not really good with descriptor files, and wonder if when I was
>setting
>up my ANE, if a wrong entry in the descriptor may be responsible for such
>an
>error???
>
>PLEASE, any thoughts at all, no matter how random they may seem, would be
>greatly appreciated as I have no clue as to where to start.
>
>Thanks!!!
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-fle
>x-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2Fjava-lang-NullPointerException-Error-in-Fl
>ash-Builder-tp15353.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7C788d7412912a46d42fe108d4b86bbeb
>2%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636336220276336079&sdata=Xk
>zGITmtdcyQY6gyViA0pujpCO5iEzlL3Qj2IvLf39A%3D&reserved=0
>Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
Forgive me Alex, I don't know how to get the stack trace log.  Can you explain how to do it, or point me to a tutorial?

THX
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

Alex Harui-2
Should be in workspace/.metadata/.log
Where "workspace" is the folder containing the Flash Builder workspace.
Which you can determine from the "Location" in Project -> Properties.

HTH,
-Alex

On 6/20/17, 11:16 PM, "bilbosax" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Forgive me Alex, I don't know how to get the stack trace log.  Can you
>explain how to do it, or point me to a tutorial?
>
>THX
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-fle
>x-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2Fjava-lang-NullPointerException-Error-in-Fl
>ash-Builder-tp15353p15355.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7C56796dcb402d49afedcd08d4b
>86f6eda%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636336236122026857&sd
>ata=EOym1x3eRbNWTZWDGiRZz20gDI8%2FEb61jiNMdSrAemY%3D&reserved=0
>Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
Thanks Alex.  Here is what the stack trace log looks like for the error.  It looks like the java.lang.NullPointerException is happening towards the end of a lot of confusion:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2017-06-21 03:04:34.937
!MESSAGE Error reading application.xml.
!STACK 0
com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.AbstractXMLModel$FileReadException: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not exist.
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(ApplicationXMLModel.java:102)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.init(AppXMLCreator.java:91)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:80)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:73)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLFileModificationHelper.getAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileModificationHelper.java:66)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.getAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:126)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.getCurrentlyPresentIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:239)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:347)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:326)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:195)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:168)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializePackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:577)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializePackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:459)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.doPackage(IOSLaunchHandler.java:650)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.launch(IOSLaunchHandler.java:255)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not exist.
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkExists(Resource.java:320)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible(Resource.java:194)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:287)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:278)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(ApplicationXMLModel.java:100)
        ... 23 more

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2017-06-21 03:04:34.942
!MESSAGE Error reading application.xml.
!STACK 0
com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.AbstractXMLModel$FileReadException: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not exist.
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(ApplicationXMLModel.java:102)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.init(AppXMLCreator.java:91)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:80)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:73)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLFileModificationHelper.getAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileModificationHelper.java:66)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.getAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:126)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.retainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:304)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:360)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:326)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:195)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:168)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializePackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:577)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializePackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:459)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.doPackage(IOSLaunchHandler.java:650)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.launch(IOSLaunchHandler.java:255)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not exist.
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkExists(Resource.java:320)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible(Resource.java:194)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:287)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:278)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(ApplicationXMLModel.java:100)
        ... 23 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2017-06-21 03:04:34.946
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching RealDealsTabletFinal".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.retainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:309)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:360)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:326)
        at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:195)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:168)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializePackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:577)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializePackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:459)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.doPackage(IOSLaunchHandler.java:650)
        at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.launch(IOSLaunchHandler.java:255)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)
        at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

Alex Harui-2
It is saying it can't find your RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml in
/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal

Should that file be there?

-Alex


On 6/20/17, 11:48 PM, "bilbosax" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Thanks Alex.  Here is what the stack trace log looks like for the error.
>It
>looks like the java.lang.NullPointerException is happening towards the end
>of a lot of confusion:
>
>!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2017-06-21 03:04:34.937
>!MESSAGE Error reading application.xml.
>!STACK 0
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.AbstractXMLModel$FileReadException:
>org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource
>'/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not
>exist.
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(
>ApplicationXMLModel.java:102)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.init(AppXMLCreator.java:91
>)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:
>80)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:
>73)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLFileModificationHelper.getAppXMLCr
>eator(AppXMLFileModificationHelper.java:66)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.g
>etAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:126)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.g
>etCurrentlyPresentIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:239)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPa
>ckaging(ANEController.java:347)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPa
>ckaging(ANEController.java:326)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modif
>yAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlat
>formLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHan
>dler.java:195)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlat
>formLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler
>.java:168)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializeP
>ackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:577)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializeP
>ackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:459)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.doPackage(I
>OSLaunchHandler.java:650)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.launch(IOSL
>aunchHandler.java:255)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.laun
>ch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlex
>LaunchDelegate.java:244)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlex
>LaunchDelegate.java:134)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigura
>tion.java:854)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigura
>tion.java:703)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.j
>ava:928)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource
>'/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not
>exist.
> at
>org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkExists(Resource.java:320
>)
> at
>org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible(Resource.java
>:194)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:287)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:278)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(
>ApplicationXMLModel.java:100)
> ... 23 more
>
>!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2017-06-21 03:04:34.942
>!MESSAGE Error reading application.xml.
>!STACK 0
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.AbstractXMLModel$FileReadException:
>org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource
>'/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not
>exist.
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(
>ApplicationXMLModel.java:102)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.init(AppXMLCreator.java:91
>)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:
>80)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:
>73)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLFileModificationHelper.getAppXMLCr
>eator(AppXMLFileModificationHelper.java:66)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.g
>etAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:126)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.r
>etainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:304)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPa
>ckaging(ANEController.java:360)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPa
>ckaging(ANEController.java:326)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modif
>yAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlat
>formLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHan
>dler.java:195)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlat
>formLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler
>.java:168)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializeP
>ackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:577)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializeP
>ackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:459)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.doPackage(I
>OSLaunchHandler.java:650)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.launch(IOSL
>aunchHandler.java:255)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.laun
>ch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlex
>LaunchDelegate.java:244)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlex
>LaunchDelegate.java:134)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigura
>tion.java:854)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigura
>tion.java:703)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.j
>ava:928)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource
>'/wamp64/www/RealDealsTabletFinal/RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml' does not
>exist.
> at
>org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkExists(Resource.java:320
>)
> at
>org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible(Resource.java
>:194)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:287)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:278)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(
>ApplicationXMLModel.java:100)
> ... 23 more
>
>!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2017-06-21 03:04:34.946
>!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching
>RealDealsTabletFinal".
>!STACK 0
>java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.r
>etainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:309)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPa
>ckaging(ANEController.java:360)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPa
>ckaging(ANEController.java:326)
> at
>com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modif
>yAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:86)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlat
>formLaunchHandler.handleANEPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHan
>dler.java:195)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlat
>formLaunchHandler.applyPackagingDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler
>.java:168)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializeP
>ackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:577)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.initializeP
>ackager(IOSLaunchHandler.java:459)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.doPackage(I
>OSLaunchHandler.java:650)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSLaunchHandler.launch(IOSL
>aunchHandler.java:255)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.laun
>ch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:184)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlex
>LaunchDelegate.java:244)
> at
>com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlex
>LaunchDelegate.java:134)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigura
>tion.java:854)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfigura
>tion.java:703)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.j
>ava:928)
> at
>org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-fle
>x-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2Fjava-lang-NullPointerException-Error-in-Fl
>ash-Builder-tp15353p15357.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cea540386a7d14d03a60d08d4b
>873f574%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636336255558229376&sd
>ata=xle6LQkwg0rmGs3yysFJ3RTjayKbtusgzozzz9UY9ss%3D&reserved=0
>Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
Yes, the file is there.  RealDealsTabletFinal is my output folder, and RealDealsTabletFinal-app.xml is the descriptor file for the project.  It is there, but for some reason, it is saying that it can't find it???

Also, another confusing thing that I am seeing that I don't understand is that when I import the project from the .fxp file, the setup always asks me to set 3 variables, the web root, the root url, and the output folder.  I select the RealDealsTabletFinal folder in my wamp setup as my output folder.  When the file structure is set up in my project, it show both a bin-debug folder, and just above it a folder called ${OUTPUT_FOLDER}.  Both of these folder contain the same exact files.  Could there be a conflict happening here for some reason?  When I set the OUTPUT_FOLDER when importing the project, why isn't that assigned to the bin-debug folder???

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
So, I have made a little progress on the problem, but am still at an impass.  The problem lies with the ANE.  I created a fresh new mobile project and copied all of the components, assets, etc from the old project to the new one, minus the ANE.  I was able to get it to compile in the simulator, and also install it on my iPad.  So I essentially got it back to where I had it orginally.  Now, I decided to add the ANE file to my project, and under Properties->Build Path->Native Extensions, I added my ANE.  Then, under Properties->Flex Build Packaging->Apple iOS->Native Extensions, I clicked to Package the ANE with the App.  Now when I try to deploy the app to my iPad, I get the java.lang.NullPointerException error.  If I remove the ANE, the problem goes away.  So the problem is definitely with the ANE.  I have used this ANE in another project, so I doubt the ANE is corrupt, and I also have an older version of the ANE and tried them both, and both give the java error.  Could this be a problem with AIR 25.0?

I am very frustrated.  Any thoughts why an ANE might be causing this problem, or what you might try if you were me???

THX!!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

Alex Harui-2
I have not worked with ANEs so I can't help you.  Hopefully others will.

You could try some other ANE example and see if that works for you, then
compare.

If you are using variables like ${OUTPUT_FOLDER} make sure you are using
them correctly.  I'm not sure FB knows how to expand them.

-Alex

On 6/21/17, 2:28 PM, "bilbosax" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>So, I have made a little progress on the problem, but am still at an
>impass.
>The problem lies with the ANE.  I created a fresh new mobile project and
>copied all of the components, assets, etc from the old project to the new
>one, minus the ANE.  I was able to get it to compile in the simulator, and
>also install it on my iPad.  So I essentially got it back to where I had
>it
>orginally.  Now, I decided to add the ANE file to my project, and under
>Properties->Build Path->Native Extensions, I added my ANE.  Then, under
>Properties->Flex Build Packaging->Apple iOS->Native Extensions, I clicked
>to
>Package the ANE with the App.  Now when I try to deploy the app to my
>iPad,
>I get the java.lang.NullPointerException error.  If I remove the ANE, the
>problem goes away.  So the problem is definitely with the ANE.  I have
>used
>this ANE in another project, so I doubt the ANE is corrupt, and I also
>have
>an older version of the ANE and tried them both, and both give the java
>error.  Could this be a problem with AIR 25.0?
>
>I am very frustrated.  Any thoughts why an ANE might be causing this
>problem, or what you might try if you were me???
>
>THX!!
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-fle
>x-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2Fjava-lang-NullPointerException-Error-in-Fl
>ash-Builder-tp15353p15363.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6f44e2c79cd24282ac3f08d4b
>8eed78c%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636336783334409110&sd
>ata=7TwLgtaGpfUnPyxU7XpNT5HbxkLi8P3e5RADOMDc9Js%3D&reserved=0
>Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

Yishay Weiss
In reply to this post by bilbosax
Without knowing too much about this, maybe try to build without FB?

Also, have you seen this [1]?

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32755390/unable-to-add-include-ane-file-in-ant-script
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

Nemi
In reply to this post by bilbosax
Check if you are using/imported web project instead of mobile project?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

clintm
In reply to this post by bilbosax
You probably need to repackage the ane with AIR 25.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:28 PM, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So, I have made a little progress on the problem, but am still at an
> impass.
> The problem lies with the ANE.  I created a fresh new mobile project and
> copied all of the components, assets, etc from the old project to the new
> one, minus the ANE.  I was able to get it to compile in the simulator, and
> also install it on my iPad.  So I essentially got it back to where I had it
> orginally.  Now, I decided to add the ANE file to my project, and under
> Properties->Build Path->Native Extensions, I added my ANE.  Then, under
> Properties->Flex Build Packaging->Apple iOS->Native Extensions, I clicked
> to
> Package the ANE with the App.  Now when I try to deploy the app to my iPad,
> I get the java.lang.NullPointerException error.  If I remove the ANE, the
> problem goes away.  So the problem is definitely with the ANE.  I have used
> this ANE in another project, so I doubt the ANE is corrupt, and I also have
> an older version of the ANE and tried them both, and both give the java
> error.  Could this be a problem with AIR 25.0?
>
> I am very frustrated.  Any thoughts why an ANE might be causing this
> problem, or what you might try if you were me???
>
> THX!!
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
> 2333346.n4.nabble.com/java-lang-NullPointerException-
> Error-in-Flash-Builder-tp15353p15363.html
> Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
Clintm, I compiled the ANE with AIR 25 in my project.  What do you mean when you say to repackage the ANE with AIR 25?  How do you do this?  (I do not have actual access to the source files of the ANE)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException Error in Flash Builder

bilbosax
I think I may have found a solution, but to be honest, I do not know why it works and would like someone to shed some light on it for me if you have any ideas.  Because nobody else seems to be having a problem with this ANE, I figured I must be doing something wrong. While developing, I always put my output folder in my web root directory using an absolute path like C:/wamp64/www/ANE-test. I read an obscure reference that some mobile devices don't understand "C:", so I changed my output folder to simply be ANE-test, and it worked!!! The reason I figured this out was because Alex suggested I look at the .log file. Before the Java.lang.NullPointerException error was being thrown, it was stating that it could not find my ANE-test-app.xml file in my output folder even though the file was clearly there. Do you understand why you can't use an absolute path to your output folder when using an ANE?
Loading...