iPhoneSimulator.sdk error

Erik J. Thomas
Hey all:

I'm trying to debug using the XCode iPhoneSimulator sdk with ADT and I'm having no luck. When I run the ADT command, it gives me this error:

ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_containermanager.dylib for architecture x86_64
Compilation failed while executing : ld64

Relevant ADT command line options:

adt -package -target ipa-debug-interpreter-simulator . . . -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator13.2.sdk . . .

Searching the Xcode.app contents I found what might be the dylib I need here:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/system/libsystem_containermanager.dylib

But due to Apple's SIP on MacOS, I cannot copy this dylib to /usr/lib/system or create a simlink to point to the XCode version even when root user. I'm assuming ADT is hardcoded to look in /usr/lib/system for this dylib and since it's not there, will fail to run the simulator. I'm a little hesitant to disable SIP for this purpose, but maybe that's my only option.

I want to use the XCode simulator because my ANEs don't support the built-in emulators in IDEs.

Anybody figure out a solution? Anybody use the Xcode iPhone simulator at all?

Thanks!

Erik

Re: iPhoneSimulator.sdk error

leokan23
This some times is related to the anes used. Which ones are you using?

Re: iPhoneSimulator.sdk error

Erik Thomas-2
The XCode simulator was working when my Mac was running High Sierra and the iPhone SDK dylib version was 12.1 with all the same ANEs. Here is my ANE list, all from Distriqt.

<extensions>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.Core</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.androidsupport.V4</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.androidsupport.AppCompatV7</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.androidsupport.CustomTabs</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.playservices.Base</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.PushNotifications</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.Dialog</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.Scanner</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.PDFReader</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.Firebase</extensionID>
   <extensionID>com.distriqt.NetworkInfo</extensionID>
</extensions>

But somewhere along the line, either with upgrading the Mac to Mojave, or XCode to latest, it stopped working. I just gave up on it at the time, but now I'd like to get it working again to save time.

I guess I'll turn off SIP and copy that dylib to my /usr/lib/system directory and see if that makes the difference since it's not where the ADT tool expects to find it.

Thanks.

Erik