iOS Icons

bilbosax
I have successfully created an Assets.car file in XCode for my Adobe Air
mobile project. I know I need to add it to the root of my application. But I
need help with two things:

1) How do I change the descriptor file to identify and use the Assets.car
file. Any documentation or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

2) I wrote my app using AIR 28. With the Assets.car file, I should be
covered for icons in iOS 11. For older versions of iOS, do I still need to
include the icon files in my app along with the descriptor file pointing to
those various icon sizes the way icons used to be added to an AIR project,
or is Assets.car backwards compatible With older versions of iOS???

Thanks for any insight.

Re: iOS Icons

Lydecker
Hi see here

https://airnativeextensions.github.io/tutorials/icons-assets.car

This answers your questions about packaging and backward compatibility with
old icons / iOS versions.

Re: iOS Icons

bilbosax
Thanks Lydeker!