flex app and long running sqls

priya
Hi -

we are using flex app and connecting to a database where the queries might
take some time around 3 mins max) to finish up . But our flex session keep
on saying "Loading" .
Not sure where the issue is .
do we need to increase the time somewhere so that once the query finishes it
would communicate the result back to the application? If so , where all we
need to set up that ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: flex app and long running sqls

Prabhu Moorthy
Hi,

Are you using HTTPService or URL Loader to get the data?
In HttpServcie, option to set request time out in seconds,

requestTimeout : int
Provides access to the request timeout in seconds for sent messages.

Ref:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/rpc/http/HTTPService.html#requestTimeout

Adobe AIR app:
In URLLoader, set idle time out param in URLRequest
 idleTimeout : Number
Specifies the idle timeout value (in milliseconds) for this request.
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/URLRequest.html#idleTimeout

-----
Thanks & Regards,
M.Prabhu
Thanks & Regards,
M.Prabhu

Re: flex app and long running sqls

In case you're speaking of a server-side connection, are you sure that your
server doesn't run into timeout issues?
E.g. IIRC the default max execution time for a PHP script is 30 seconds.