VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

grimmwerks
Hey if someone can give me the answer to either of the questions, I'd appreciate it.

I've got a spark videoDisplay object that I'm setting the source via actionscript.  I'm trying to figure out how to fullscreen it where I can still display an overlay - much like youtube does with their ads - where the video itself isn't scaled from a small rect up (so it's pixelated) but displaying the HD content much like youtube is doing.

I can fullscreen it fine, but then I can't show anything OVER it, which kills what I need.

Garry Schafer
grimmwerks
[hidden email]
portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

grimmwerks
Sigh *bitrates* -- thanks autocorrect.

On Feb 9, 2013, at 2:26 AM, grimmwerks wrote:

> Hey if someone can give me the answer to either of the questions, I'd appreciate it.
>
> I've got a spark videoDisplay object that I'm setting the source via actionscript.  I'm trying to figure out how to fullscreen it where I can still display an overlay - much like youtube does with their ads - where the video itself isn't scaled from a small rect up (so it's pixelated) but displaying the HD content much like youtube is doing.
>
> I can fullscreen it fine, but then I can't show anything OVER it, which kills what I need.
>
> Garry Schafer
> grimmwerks
> [hidden email]
> portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Garry Schafer
grimmwerks
[hidden email]
portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

atauri
hi. how is your layout? i had similar probl with vidoplayer. but it worked
fine with videodisplay and subs and buttons over it. check also depth
El 09/02/2013 08:27, "grimmwerks" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hey if someone can give me the answer to either of the questions, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> I've got a spark videoDisplay object that I'm setting the source via
> actionscript.  I'm trying to figure out how to fullscreen it where I can
> still display an overlay - much like youtube does with their ads - where
> the video itself isn't scaled from a small rect up (so it's pixelated) but
> displaying the HD content much like youtube is doing.
>
> I can fullscreen it fine, but then I can't show anything OVER it, which
> kills what I need.
>
> Garry Schafer
> grimmwerks
> [hidden email]
> portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

RE: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

David Coleman
Have you tried using the fullscreen functionality of the app as opposed to the component.  Send the APP fullscreen, then you should have the ability to layer whatever you want.

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:56:30 +0100
> Subject: Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> hi. how is your layout? i had similar probl with vidoplayer. but it worked
> fine with videodisplay and subs and buttons over it. check also depth
> El 09/02/2013 08:27, "grimmwerks" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Hey if someone can give me the answer to either of the questions, I'd
> > appreciate it.
> >
> > I've got a spark videoDisplay object that I'm setting the source via
> > actionscript.  I'm trying to figure out how to fullscreen it where I can
> > still display an overlay - much like youtube does with their ads - where
> > the video itself isn't scaled from a small rect up (so it's pixelated) but
> > displaying the HD content much like youtube is doing.
> >
> > I can fullscreen it fine, but then I can't show anything OVER it, which
> > kills what I need.
> >
> > Garry Schafer
> > grimmwerks
> > [hidden email]
> > portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

grimmwerks
That doesn't just make the app scale the view to fullscreen? I'll try it; it's been awhile.

But first I've gotta dig myself out of the 38" of snow we got last night.

On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:13 AM, David Coleman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you tried using the fullscreen functionality of the app as opposed to the component.  Send the APP fullscreen, then you should have the ability to layer whatever you want.
>
>> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:56:30 +0100
>> Subject: Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> hi. how is your layout? i had similar probl with vidoplayer. but it worked
>> fine with videodisplay and subs and buttons over it. check also depth
>> El 09/02/2013 08:27, "grimmwerks" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>>> Hey if someone can give me the answer to either of the questions, I'd
>>> appreciate it.
>>>
>>> I've got a spark videoDisplay object that I'm setting the source via
>>> actionscript.  I'm trying to figure out how to fullscreen it where I can
>>> still display an overlay - much like youtube does with their ads - where
>>> the video itself isn't scaled from a small rect up (so it's pixelated) but
>>> displaying the HD content much like youtube is doing.
>>>
>>> I can fullscreen it fine, but then I can't show anything OVER it, which
>>> kills what I need.
>>>
>>> Garry Schafer
>>> grimmwerks
>>> [hidden email]
>>> portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

RE: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

David Coleman
no, it won't scale.  It should use native desktop resolution.  then you can code specifically to use a different stream.  Think about how you tube looks... the movie might be pixelated, but the controls at the bottom are displayed in your native resolution.  You just have to code your app to do what you want.

Good luck w/the snow!

-Dave

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 13:42:26 -0500
> To: [hidden email]
>
> That doesn't just make the app scale the view to fullscreen? I'll try it; it's been awhile.
>
> But first I've gotta dig myself out of the 38" of snow we got last night.
>

> Garry Schafer
> grimmwerks
> [hidden email]
> portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/
>

> On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:13 AM, David Coleman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Have you tried using the fullscreen functionality of the app as opposed to the component.  Send the APP fullscreen, then you should have the ability to layer whatever you want.
> >
> >> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:56:30 +0100
> >> Subject: Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..
> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >>
> >> hi. how is your layout? i had similar probl with vidoplayer. but it worked
> >> fine with videodisplay and subs and buttons over it. check also depth

Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

grimmwerks
So normally with a VideoDisplay it's done like this:
<s:VideoPlayer id="myPlayer"
        width="500" height="300">
        <s:source>
            <s:DynamicStreamingVideoSource id="mySVS"
                host="rtmp://fmsexamples.adobe.com/vod/">
                <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem id="dreamgirl150"
                    streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_150.f4v"
                    bitrate="150" />
                <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem id="dreamgirl500"
                    streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_500.f4v"
                    bitrate="500" />
                <s:DynamicStreamingVideoItem id="dreamgirl1000"
                    streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_1000.f4v"
                    bitrate="1000" />
            </s:DynamicStreamingVideoSource>
        </s:source>
    </s:VideoPlayer>

Any ideas on how that would happen with Actionscript?  I'm guessing something akin to:

private function init(){
        var dsvs:DynamicStreamingVideoSource = new DynamicStreamingVideoSource();
        var dsvi:DynamicStreamingItem = new DynamicStreamingItem('ds1', 150);
        dsvi.streamName = 'xxx';
        dsvs.streamItems.push(dsvi);
}

On Feb 9, 2013, at 2:00 PM, David Coleman wrote:

> no, it won't scale.  It should use native desktop resolution.  then you can code specifically to use a different stream.  Think about how you tube looks... the movie might be pixelated, but the controls at the bottom are displayed in your native resolution.  You just have to code your app to do what you want.
>
> Good luck w/the snow!
>
> -Dave
>
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..
>> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 13:42:26 -0500
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> That doesn't just make the app scale the view to fullscreen? I'll try it; it's been awhile.
>>
>> But first I've gotta dig myself out of the 38" of snow we got last night.
>>

>> Garry Schafer
>> grimmwerks
>> [hidden email]
>> portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/
>>

>> On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:13 AM, David Coleman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried using the fullscreen functionality of the app as opposed to the component.  Send the APP fullscreen, then you should have the ability to layer whatever you want.

Garry Schafer
grimmwerks
[hidden email]
portfolio: www.grimmwerks.com/

Re: VideoDisplay set nitrates via ActionScript or Youtube HD video with overlay..

Alex Harui
It should be something like:

    var items:Vector.<DynamicStreamingVideoItem =
                new Vector.<DynamicStreamingVideoItem>();
    var item:DynamicStreamingVideoItem =
                new DynamicStreamingVideoItem();
    this.dreamGirl150 = item;
    item.bitrate="150"
    item.streamName="MP4:_PS_dreamgirl_150.f4v";
    item.initialize(this, "dreamgirl150");
    items.push(item);
    var dsvs:DynamicStreamingVideoSource =
                new DynamicStreamingVideoSource;
    dsvs.host = "rtmp://fmsexamples.adobe.com/vod/";
    this.mySVS = dsvs;
    dsvs.initialize(this, "mySVS");
    dsvs.streamItems = items;
    var vp:VideoPlayer = new VideoPlayer();