Update desktop when exported as Native Installer?

Update desktop when exported as Native Installer?

leokan23
So we have a desktop app which is currently exported as .air, and we use the air update to update it over our server.

We want to add an ANE for windows and mac, but it looks like the ANE is only packaged when in Native Installer or Captive Time. When we use these, the app doesn't seem to be aware of updates.

Is there a work around?

Re: Update desktop when exported as Native Installer?

Alex Harui
I believe the Apache Flex SDK Installer is a Native Installer and we can
get to update.  The code is in the flex-utilities repo.

-Alex

On 3/23/17, 12:36 PM, "leokan23" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>So we have a desktop app which is currently exported as .air, and we use
>the
>air update to update it over our server.
>
>We want to add an ANE for windows and mac, but it looks like the ANE is
>only
>packaged when in Native Installer or Captive Time. When we use these, the
>app doesn't seem to be aware of updates.
>
>Is there a work around?

Re: Update desktop when exported as Native Installer?

Nemi
Here is one, works great, for Windows and Mac:
https://github.com/pwalczyszyn/nativeapplicationupdater