Type Declaration of style 'strokeColor' conflicts with previous declaration in ... Unknown Flex Problem

Type Declaration of style 'strokeColor' conflicts with previous declaration in ... Unknown Flex Problem

I get the following error when I'm trying to use a component from an external lib:
"Type Declaration of style 'strokeColor' conflicts with previous declaration in ... Unknown Flex Problem"

I understand that this error occurs cause of a style conflict with the included swc lib.
The error message also contains a hint to the component of the lib that caused this issue, that's ok.

But I'm totally lost cause I've created a test project/app that includes the same libs/swc as my origin app and the error goes away.
The test project/app makes usage of the same external component that causes the error in my origin app.

So I assume there is something in my app that causes this issue.
To find out what it is I tried to remove several lines of code step by step from my origin app, without success... that error is still there.
Is there any chance to find out which part of my app caused this conflict?

I appreciate any help!

Re: Type Declaration of style 'strokeColor' conflicts with previous declaration in ... Unknown Flex Problem

Alex Harui
It may not be your app code as much as the framework components brought in
by your app.  strokeColor is defined by the framework.

Of course, I could be wrong...
-Alex

On 5/5/17, 6:22 AM, "OK" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I get the following error when I'm trying to use a component from an
>external lib:
>"Type Declaration of style 'strokeColor' conflicts with previous
>declaration
>in ... Unknown Flex Problem"
>
>I understand that this error occurs cause of a style conflict with the
>included swc lib.
>The error message also contains a hint to the component of the lib that
>caused this issue, that's ok.
>
>But I'm totally lost cause I've created a test project/app that includes
>the
>same libs/swc as my origin app and the error goes away.
>The test project/app makes usage of the same external component that
>causes
>the error in my origin app.
>
>So I assume there is something in my app that causes this issue.
>To find out what it is I tried to remove several lines of code step by
>step
>from my origin app, without success... that error is still there.
>Is there any chance to find out which part of my app caused this conflict?
>
>I appreciate any help!
>
>Thanks,
>Olaf

Re: Type Declaration of style 'strokeColor' conflicts with previous declaration in ... Unknown Flex Problem

Olaf Krueger
After your and another hint off list, I double checked all my external libs and it turns out that one external lib makes usage of mx:HRule which causes the issue.

It would be very helpful if the compiler would be able to output also this previous rival declaration ;-))

Thank you,