Tip/Solution after December/2020

Diogo Vieira
Hello people!

I wonder if you can give me a tip or alternative to solve my problem.

I have an application running in production and I won't have time to
migrate it until December 2020.

So, the first solution I thought of was trying to freeze a version of
chrome. Can you tell me if this works?

Is there any better alternative?

I need my application to continue running for a few more months after the
end of the flash in browsers.

Att,
Diogo Vieira

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Angelo Anolin
Freezing Chrome only works if you are the systems administrator who can
allow such updates to happen to your client machines. Evergreen browsers
always require to be updated constantly.

I think the best alternative is to have a plan to migrate this app NOW or
port it to Adobe AIR which should still work past the end of life of Flash
in browsers.

Sent from Mobile Device

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Carlos Rovira-2
Another option is to try Apache Royale...

http://royale.apache.org/

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Michael Astudillo
Is there any tool to convert a flex app to Apache Royale?

--

Saludos Cordiales

Michael Astudillo

CEO

http://www.acatha.com

PBX: 59372 818447

NOTA SOBRE CONFIDENCIALIDAD:

La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial y sólo puede ser
utilizada por la persona natural o jurídica, a la cual está dirigido. En el
evento, que el receptor no sea la persona autorizada cualquier retención,
difusión, distribución o copia de éste mensaje está prohibida y será
sancionada por la ley".

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the use of the address(es) named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this electronic transmission, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination or copying of this transmission is strictly
prohibited and will be sanctioned by law".

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

ScottM
We shipped a b electron as desk top install, electron provide the desk top browser, we disabled all options, it just ran out app in full window

In someone had not told you, you would think in was a native app

Worked well

In the end we porter to html

Sent from my iPhone

> On 12 Apr 2020, at 17:31, Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Another option is to try Apache Royale...
>
> http://royale.apache.org/
>
>> El sáb., 11 abr. 2020 a las 19:43, Angelo Anolin (<[hidden email]>)
>> escribió:
>>
>> Freezing Chrome only works if you are the systems administrator who can
>> allow such updates to happen to your client machines. Evergreen browsers
>> always require to be updated constantly.
>>
>> I think the best alternative is to have a plan to migrate this app NOW or
>> port it to Adobe AIR which should still work past the end of life of Flash
>> in browsers.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 8:07 AM Diogo Vieira <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello people!
>>>
>>> I wonder if you can give me a tip or alternative to solve my problem.
>>>
>>> I have an application running in production and I won't have time to
>>> migrate it until December 2020.
>>>
>>> So, the first solution I thought of was trying to freeze a version of
>>> chrome. Can you tell me if this works?
>>>
>>> Is there any better alternative?
>>>
>>> I need my application to continue running for a few more months after the
>>> end of the flash in browsers.
>>>
>>> Att,
>>> Diogo Vieira
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Mobile Device

> Carlos Rovira
> http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Diogo Vieira
Hi Angelo Anolin,
Thanks for your answer!

When I mentioned freezing a version of Chrome, I meant having a version of
Chromium in a desktop project. For example, CefSharp.

Has anyone done a desktop project with a built-in browser?

Att,
Diogo Vieira

Em sáb., 11 de abr. de 2020 às 14:43, Angelo Anolin <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> Freezing Chrome only works if you are the systems administrator who can
> allow such updates to happen to your client machines. Evergreen browsers
> always require to be updated constantly.
>
> I think the best alternative is to have a plan to migrate this app NOW or
> port it to Adobe AIR which should still work past the end of life of Flash
> in browsers.
>
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 8:07 AM Diogo Vieira <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello people!
> >
> > I wonder if you can give me a tip or alternative to solve my problem.
> >
> > I have an application running in production and I won't have time to
> > migrate it until December 2020.
> >
> > So, the first solution I thought of was trying to freeze a version of
> > chrome. Can you tell me if this works?
> >
> > Is there any better alternative?
> >
> > I need my application to continue running for a few more months after the
> > end of the flash in browsers.
> >
> > Att,
> > Diogo Vieira

> Sent from Mobile Device

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

>Is there any better alternative?

Not sure about the current state of this project [1], maybe it's worth to
check it out.

Olaf

[1] https://www.leaningtech.com/pages/cheerpx.html

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Michael Astudillo
Hello Carlos, do you have people specialized in migrations of this type who
can offer their services?

[...]

piotrz
Hello Michael,

We have list of potential companies which specialized in migrations [1]

[1] https://royale.apache.org/royale-commercial-support/

śr., 3 cze 2020 o 14:55 Michael Astudillo <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> Hello Carlos, do you have people specialized in migrations of this type who
> can offer their services?
>
> El El dom, 12 de abr. de 2020 a la(s) 11:31, Carlos Rovira <
> [hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Another option is to try Apache Royale...
> >
> > http://royale.apache.org/
> >
> > El sáb., 11 abr. 2020 a las 19:43, Angelo Anolin (<
> [hidden email]
> > >)
> > escribió:
> >
> > > Freezing Chrome only works if you are the systems administrator who can
> > > allow such updates to happen to your client machines. Evergreen
> browsers
> > > always require to be updated constantly.
> > >
> > > I think the best alternative is to have a plan to migrate this app NOW
> or
> > > port it to Adobe AIR which should still work past the end of life of
> > Flash
> > > in browsers.

> > the

> > > --
> > > Sent from Mobile Device
> > >

> > --
> > Carlos Rovira
> > http://about.me/carlosrovira
> >
> --
>
> Saludos Cordiales
>

> Michael Astudillo
>
> CEO
>
> http://www.acatha.com
>
> PBX: 59372 818447
>

> NOTA SOBRE CONFIDENCIALIDAD:
>

> La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial y sólo puede ser
> utilizada por la persona natural o jurídica, a la cual está dirigido. En el
> evento, que el receptor no sea la persona autorizada cualquier retención,
> difusión, distribución o copia de éste mensaje está prohibida y será
> sancionada por la ley".
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
> only for the use of the address(es) named above. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this electronic transmission, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination or copying of this transmission is strictly
> prohibited and will be sanctioned by law".

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Paul Stearns
There is https://www.leaningtech.com/pages/cheerpx.html which promises a solution. I have contacted them, but, they say they won't be able to confirm whether it will work with our application nor will they confirm what the cost will be until the August-September time frame.

This of course cuts things way to close if it doesn't work or is too expensive.

Paul R. Stearns
Advanced Consulting Enterprises, Inc.

15280 NW 79th Ct.
Suite 250
Miami Lakes, Fl 33016

Voice: (305)623-0360 x107

[...]

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
I talked with the people from the Sales and they are preparing a public version soon.
There will be different licensing schemes with the product and also a free license.

Their product is working pretty well I saw the Tour de Flex running in Browser.

You can read the Medium threads concerning their advancements.

https://medium.com/@apignotti

03.06.2020, 09:51, "Olaf Krueger" <[hidden email]>:

>> Is there any better alternative?
>
> Not sure about the current state of this project [1], maybe it's worth to
> check it out.
>
> Olaf
>
> [1] https://www.leaningtech.com/pages/cheerpx.html

Re: Tip/Solution after December/2020

Michael Astudillo
Thanks a los Piotr

El El mié, 3 de jun. de 2020 a la(s) 07:57, Piotr Zarzycki <
[hidden email]> escribió:

> [...]

Michael Astudillo

CEO

http://www.acatha.com

PBX: 59372 818447

NOTA SOBRE CONFIDENCIALIDAD:

La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial y sólo puede ser
utilizada por la persona natural o jurídica, a la cual está dirigido. En el
evento, que el receptor no sea la persona autorizada cualquier retención,
difusión, distribución o copia de éste mensaje está prohibida y será
sancionada por la ley".

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the use of the address(es) named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this electronic transmission, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination or copying of this transmission is strictly
prohibited and will be sanctioned by law".

Hi Michael,

I saw Piotr already shared the Royale Commercial Support page. That's a
good place to start searching for companies that can help you
thanks