Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
Helpppp!!  Hahaha!  I have been working on this annoying thing for two days
and have gotten nowhere!

I have a "next" button with a custom fxg button skin in the lower right
corner of my iPad app. It is inside a custom component that includes a
MobileGrid, a "previous" button and a label, and nothing else. For some
reason that I have not been able to figure out, there is an artifact that
displays across the lower edge of my button. The artifact has a strange
pixelized look about it when the button first displays on the screen, and
after it is clicked, the artifact just turns into a green bar.  I have
included two jpgs for you guys to take a look at:

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/t999/grab1.jpg>

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/t999/grab2.jpg>

I know that it is not the button skin, because I have tried other button
skins and they all display the same results seen in the images. If I move
the button far enough to the left, the artifact disappears.  If I move the
button up a little bit, it also disappears.  This makes me think that there
might be something invisible in the lower right of the screen that is
interfering with the button.  But turning all object's visible property to
false in this component does not help.  I only use mxml components in my
display list, there is no anomalous object being added with addChild or
addElement in my app. I have tried turning off the visibility of all other
components in the app, despite the fact that they are not included in the
state that this component is in.  Nothing has helped.

I have had situations where an invisible object kept a button from being
able to be clicked because it was infront of the the button, but I have
never had a situation where a graphic artifact was showing up because of
overlap of two objects.

Any suggestions about what this might be, or what I can do to identify it
would be greatly appreciated! Don't hold back, I am open to all thoughts.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
I have removed all of the custom components that appear in the various states
of my app so that I have only the one component remaining.  I removed all of
the display objects from the remaining component besides the two buttons I
created, and I am still having the problem.  I am at a total loss.

I am trying to figure out why it is this particular shade of green.  I am
wondering if it might be the splash screen somehow affecting things, or
possibly something I defined in my descriptor file, because this behavior is
so strange.  I tested it and it is showing up on both my iPad and my
Android, so it has to be something in my code.

Any thoughts appreciated.  I just really don't know what kinds of things to
look for.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

OmPrakash Muppirala
What happens when you put that button in a blank application and run it?

On Feb 15, 2018 7:15 PM, "bilbosax" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have removed all of the custom components that appear in the various
> states
> of my app so that I have only the one component remaining.  I removed all
> of
> the display objects from the remaining component besides the two buttons I
> created, and I am still having the problem.  I am at a total loss.
>
> I am trying to figure out why it is this particular shade of green.  I am
> wondering if it might be the splash screen somehow affecting things, or
> possibly something I defined in my descriptor file, because this behavior
> is
> so strange.  I tested it and it is showing up on both my iPad and my
> Android, so it has to be something in my code.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.  I just really don't know what kinds of things to
> look for.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
It's clean as a whistle if I do that.  I haven't quite put my finger on it
exactly yet but I think it might in PART be related to the
MobileGridHeaderSkin that I created for the MobileGrid.  It is not 100%
related to this as it does not explain the first picture I attached with the
pixelization in it, but I have narrowed down that is where the green color
is coming from.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
... and if I remove my custom skin with the green in it, I still have the
artifacts in the same shapes and sizes, but the artifact changes to the
color of the default MobileGridHeaderSkin.  So it is related, but I don't
think it is the cause.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

Greg Dove
It might pay to check your AIR version and release notes:

E.g. for example

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_28_air_28_release_notes.html

under FIXED ISSUES:
[iOS]Artifacts are observed when child Sprite is near bottom of
screen(AIR-4198445)

There have been things like this in the past and it might apply to android
too.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 6:17 PM, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ... and if I remove my custom skin with the green in it, I still have the
> artifacts in the same shapes and sizes, but the artifact changes to the
> color of the default MobileGridHeaderSkin.  So it is related, but I don't
> think it is the cause.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
Greg, thanks for the heads-up on that! I will definitely look into this.  I
am currently using AIR 27, so that could be a real possibility.  I only have
one big concern with upgrading to AIR 28.  I have read somewhere that you
can't use Flash Builder to export a final release to be deployed on iOS
mobile, something about needing to change some things in your final package
using XCode and that you need a Mac to do this(which I don't have).

Does anyone know if this is true? I really need to be able to deploy this to
the App Store soon.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

Greg, you are the man!!  Upgrading to AIR 28 did the trick and I no longer
have these annoying artifacts.  And now I am aware that I should read the
release notes.

But I still have the concern as to whether I will be able to submit an .ipa
to the App Store that was compiled using AIR 28 in Flash Builder.  Does
anyone know if this is a problem?

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
My concern had something to do with Assets.car I believe I read, losing
icons, and other issues when trying to release using AIR 28.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

OmPrakash Muppirala
Possibly related?
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2018/02/running-adobe-flash-builder-on-mac-with-java-78.html#sthash.UQ7rrxjt.dpbs

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:20 PM, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My concern had something to do with Assets.car I believe I read, losing
> icons, and other issues when trying to release using AIR 28.

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

bilbosax
No, it has more to do with this note published by Adobe. On page 3 under "iOS
SDK Upgrade", you will read that to publish an App for iOS using AIR 28, you
now need access to a Mac with Xcode installed to create an Assets.car file
that you can then use to package with your swf. This is a major pain for me
as I do not own a Mac. Ugh.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air28_flashplayer28_releasenotes.pdf

Re: Strange Graphic Anomoly

Benjamin Povirk
I have mac and xcode if you need help no problem

> On 16 Feb 2018, at 14:16, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, it has more to do with this note published by Adobe. On page 3 under "iOS
> SDK Upgrade", you will read that to publish an App for iOS using AIR 28, you
> now need access to a Mac with Xcode installed to create an Assets.car file
> that you can then use to package with your swf. This is a major pain for me
> as I do not own a Mac. Ugh.
>
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air28_flashplayer28_releasenotes.pdf

SAMO NASLOVNIKU! / ONLY FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT!

Opozorilo: Ta elektronska pošta vsebuje informacije, ki so lahko zaupne narave in so namenjene samo naslovniku. Če je bilo zaradi napake v naslovu ali pri prenosu sporočilo poslano drugam, prosimo, da o tem obvestite njegovega avtorja. Če sporočilo ni bilo namenjeno vam, ne smete uporabljati, razkriti, širiti, kopirati, tiskati ali kakorkoli uporabiti informacije v sporočilu.

Disclaimer: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.