Status Bar on Android Devices

bilbosax
I am writing an AIR app for iOS and Android.  I bought a Galaxy Tab II to do my Android testing with, and whenever I tap on a text input so that the keyboard shows up, the status bar showing the internet connection and battery life at the top of the screen appears and obstructs the buttons at the top of my screen.  I googled this scenario, and it appears the solution for others has been to set fullScreen to true in the descriptor file.  I have done this, but I am still having the problem, the status bar is appearing when the keyboard shows up and obstructs my buttons.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can disable the status bar so that it doesn't show up on Android?  Here is part of my descriptor file:

<initialWindow>
        <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
        <renderMode>direct</renderMode>
        <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
        <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
        <visible>true</visible>
        <softKeyboardBehavior>pan</softKeyboardBehavior>
</initialWindow>

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

Paul Moreau
According to the last post in this thread it is resolved in Adobe AIR 25.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2196155?start=40&tstart=0

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 4:02 AM, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am writing an AIR app for iOS and Android.  I bought a Galaxy Tab II to
> do
> my Android testing with, and whenever I tap on a text input so that the
> keyboard shows up, the status bar showing the internet connection and
> battery life at the top of the screen appears and obstructs the buttons at
> the top of my screen.  I googled this scenario, and it appears the solution
> for others has been to set fullScreen to true in the descriptor file.  I
> have done this, but I am still having the problem, the status bar is
> appearing when the keyboard shows up and obstructs my buttons.  Does anyone
> have any ideas on how I can disable the status bar so that it doesn't show
> up on Android?  Here is part of my descriptor file:
>
> <initialWindow>
>         <aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
>         <renderMode>direct</renderMode>
>         <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
>         <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>
>         <visible>true</visible>
>         <softKeyboardBehavior>pan</softKeyboardBehavior>
> </initialWindow>

*DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose
or use the contents in any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that
you have received the message and then please destroy. Zutec  Ltd is not
responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments
after sending by Zutec. We use virus scanning software but exclude all
liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.*

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

bilbosax
I'm going to give this a shot.  Unfortunately, when I try to use the Flex Installer to install Flex 4.16.0 and AIR 25 Beta, the installer crashes every time, giving a error #1000 and #1009 in the log.  Has anybody else ran into this? Are there good instructions on how to install a Flex and Air SDK manually?

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

bilbosax
The Installation Log reads as follows:

Installer version 3.2.0 (windows)
Using Locale: en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
SDK version Apache Flex SDK 4.16.0
AIR version 25.0
Flash Player version 25.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from: http://www-us.apache.org/dist/flex/4.16.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.16.0-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.16.0\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.16.0-bin.zip
Finished uncompressing: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.16.0\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.16.0-bin.zip
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air//AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Error #1000

Installation aborted
Error #1009

Installation aborted

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

clintm
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk.html

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 1:42 PM, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm going to give this a shot.  Unfortunately, when I try to use the Flex
> Installer to install Flex 4.16.0 and AIR 25 Beta, the installer crashes
> every time, giving a error #1000 and #1009 in the log.  Has anybody else
> ran
> into this? Are there good instructions on how to install a Flex and Air SDK
> manually?

Re: Status Bar on Android Devices

I was finally able to get AIR 25 installed now that somebody has come up with an installer for the SDK that allows for the bigger AIR 25 footprint.  This sort of helped my situation with the status bar, but not entirely.  When I tap on a textinput, the status bar still shows up, obscuring the top of my application and some of the buttons.  Fortunately, when you close the soft keyboard, the status bar disappears.  This is certainly an improvement, but not what I would call a solution.  I wish there was a solution where you could TOTALLY disable the status bar so that it never obstructs your application.  Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.