SplitViewNavigator PopOut/Callout Border

SplitViewNavigator PopOut/Callout Border

Lydecker
I'm using the 'new' ios7 skins in Flex 4.14 to implement a SplitViewNavigator.

Whilst the new popout skin is great - I'm struggling with contrast between the main view and the popout:

How do I go about applying a border to the popout? I've skinned callouts before, however don't know how to specify a specific skin to use with SplitViewNavigator callout as the callout is ebedded in the splitviewnavigator component.

Is there an easier way through a setStyle() for e.g to improve the contrast between the back view and the callout?