Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Josh Tynjala
Hello, Flex community!

I hope you don't mind if I take a moment to share a new open source project
that I think you'll find useful if you're interested in Apache FlexJS.

If you haven't heard of Yeoman, it's a pretty cool tool for generating code
(along with any other supporting files) that you might need for a new
project. It's designed to work with any framework, and the community has
built a ton of "generators" that you can install to create a wide variety
of different projects. Today, I'm happy to introduce a Yeoman generator for
FlexJS.

To get started, you'll need Node.js, and you should install both "yo" and
"generator-flexjs" using npm:

npm install -g yo
npm install -g generator-flexjs

Then, create a new, empty directory for your project. Inside a terminal,
run the following command in the empty directory:

yo flexjs

It'll ask you a couple of simple questions, and then it will generate some
MXML files to get you started with a new project that uses the new Express
component set from FlexJS 0.8. It can even create an asconfig.json file for
Visual Studio Code, if you want.

There are some other commands that help you to create new MXML components,
along with new ActionScript classes and interfaces in your existing project
too. Check the readme file for details:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/generator-flexjs

I hope you'll take a moment to give it a try! Thank you, and happy coding!

Josh Tynjala
NextGen ActionScript

Note: I am an Apache Flex committer and PMC member, but generator-flexjs is
not an Apache project. Today, I am simply posting as a member of the
community who wants to share a cool, independent project that others might
enjoy. If you like these sorts of projects, please join my Patreon campaign
to lend a hand! https://www.patreon.com/josht
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Harbs
+100!

This guy makes my development life better every day. :-)

Harbs

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 11:55 PM, Josh Tynjala <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If you like these sorts of projects, please join my Patreon campaign
> to lend a hand! https://www.patreon.com/josht <https://www.patreon.com/josht>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Olaf Krueger
In reply to this post by Josh Tynjala
It's absolutely awesome what Josh is doing as just a single person.
Please go ahead and buy him a beer per month at least ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Josh Tynjala
Thanks, Olaf and Harbs! Just trying to make sure my fellow Actionscript and
Flex developers have the good tools that we deserve.

- Josh

On Jul 15, 2017 11:41 AM, "Olaf Krueger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's absolutely awesome what Josh is doing as just a single person.
> Please go ahead and buy him a beer per month at least ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Olaf
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
> 2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
> applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15472.html
> Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

PKumar
Hi Josh,

I can not see the default  action script task under VCODE,  I am referring  below URL:

https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/wiki/Build-an-ActionScript-project-in-Visual-Studio-Code

Pleas  suggest.  I am getting only attached options.



Regards,
Prashant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Josh Tynjala
Make sure that you have an asconfig.json file at the root of your project.
That's required!

- Josh

On Jul 29, 2017 7:37 AM, "PKumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> I can not see the default  action script task under VCODE,  I am referring
> below URL:
>
> https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/
> wiki/Build-an-ActionScript-project-in-Visual-Studio-Code
>
> Pleas  suggest.  I am getting only attached options.
>
> <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n15570/Capture1.png>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Regards,
> Prashant
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
> 2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
> applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15570.html
> Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

PKumar
Thanks, it is working now. Is there any yo command to generate asconfig.json file?

On 29-Jul-2017 8:32 PM, "Josh Tynjala [via Apache Flex Users]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Make sure that you have an asconfig.json file at the root of your project.
That's required!

- Josh

On Jul 29, 2017 7:37 AM, "PKumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> I can not see the default  action script task under VCODE,  I am referring
> below URL:
>
> https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/
> wiki/Build-an-ActionScript-project-in-Visual-Studio-Code
>
> Pleas  suggest.  I am getting only attached options.
>
> <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n15570/Capture1.png>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Regards,
> Prashant
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
> 2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
> applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15570.html
> Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>



To start a new topic under Apache Flex Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Flex Users, click here.
NAML
Regards,
Prashant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Josh Tynjala
When you run the main "yo flexjs" command to generate an app, one of the
questions it should ask you if you want to create an asconfig.json file for
your app.

- Josh


On Jul 29, 2017 8:11 AM, "PKumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks, it is working now. Is there any yo command to generate
asconfig.json file?

On 29-Jul-2017 8:32 PM, "Josh Tynjala [via Apache Flex Users]" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Make sure that you have an asconfig.json file at the root of your project.
> That's required!
>
> - Josh
>
> On Jul 29, 2017 7:37 AM, "PKumar" <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=15571&i=0>> wrote:
>
> > Hi Josh,
> >
> > I can not see the default  action script task under VCODE,  I am
> referring
> > below URL:
> >
> > https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/
> > wiki/Build-an-ActionScript-project-in-Visual-Studio-Code
> >
> > Pleas  suggest.  I am getting only attached options.
> >
> > <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n15570/Capture1.png
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----
> > Regards,
> > Prashant
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
> > 2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
> > applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15570.html
> > Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
> applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15571.html
> To start a new topic under Apache Flex Users, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Apache Flex Users, click here
> <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?
macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1&code=cHJhc2hha3VtYXJAZ21haWwuY29tfD
F8LTU0MTcyMzE2NA==>
> .
> NAML
> <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?
macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&
base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.
web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.
NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%
3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_
instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>




-----
Regards,
Prashant
--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15572.html
Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

PKumar
Josh,

I am facing one  strange issue. I am not getting the library contents in my application if i am using following asconfig.json

{
        "config": "flex",
        "compilerOptions": {
                "targets": [
                        "JSFlex"
                ],
                "library-path": ["libs"]
        },
        "files": [
                "src/Main.mxml"
        ]
}

But if i am using old config as below, i can include the library contents in my  main application

{
        "config": "flex",
        "compilerOptions": {
                "debug": true,
                "js-output-type": "flexjs",
                "library-path": [
            "libs"
        ]
        },
        "files":
        [
                "src/Main.mxml"
        ]
}

Please suggest.

Regards,
Prashant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Scaffold new Apache FlexJS applications with Yeoman and generator-flexjs

Josh Tynjala
I don't see anything out of the ordinary there! Make sure you aren't
accidentally using an old version of FlexJS, like 0.7.

- Josh

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 1:49 AM, PKumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Josh,
>
> I am facing one  strange issue. I am not getting the library contents in my
> application if i am using following asconfig.json
>
> {
>         "config": "flex",
>         "compilerOptions": {
>                 "targets": [
>                         "JSFlex"
>                 ],
>                 "library-path": ["libs"]
>         },
>         "files": [
>                 "src/Main.mxml"
>         ]
> }
>
> But if i am using old config as below, i can include the library contents
> in
> my  main application
>
> {
>         "config": "flex",
>         "compilerOptions": {
>                 "debug": true,
>                 "js-output-type": "flexjs",
>                 "library-path": [
>             "libs"
>         ]
>         },
>         "files":
>         [
>                 "src/Main.mxml"
>         ]
> }
>
> Please suggest.
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Regards,
> Prashant
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.
> 2333346.n4.nabble.com/Scaffold-new-Apache-FlexJS-
> applications-with-Yeoman-and-generator-flexjs-tp15463p15605.html
> Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
Loading...