Running Flash/Flex in WebAssembly using CheerpX

Running Flash/Flex in WebAssembly using CheerpX

Olaf Krueger
For those who overlooked the post of Ramazan Ergüder [1], I think it's worth
to move this information to its own thread. Thanks for sharing, Ramazan!

In short, amongts other things, CheerpX is working on
"Extending the life of Flex, AS3 and AS2 Flash content with WebAssembly
virtualization".

https://medium.com/leaningtech/preserving-flash-content-with-webassembly-done-right-eb6838b7e36f
https://medium.com/leaningtech/running-flash-in-webassembly-using-cheerpx-an-update-d500b6fbc44e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JUs4c99-mo&feature=youtu.be
https://www.leaningtech.com/pages/cheerpx.html

[1]
http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/Flex-web-deployment-tp18087p18101.html

Flash Builder 4.7 and AIRSDK 32

Jesper Alsed
Hi,

I’m about to update an app I made a couple of years ago using Flash Builder 4.7 and the Flex/AIR SDK.
It was updated last year as well using the AIR v31.

Since Apple changed the requirements (iOS 12 and soon 13) it seems I now need to use the AIR SDK 32 or maybe even the new v33. So I’ve downloaded it from Apache but can’t get it to work.
I can’t get Flash Builder to acknowledge the latest version of the SDK. It doesn’t recognise the downloaded files as an SDK and it seems files are missing. Shouldn’t it be complete?

Has anybody got this combination of Flash Builder and AIR v32 to work, and if so, what did you do?

Regards
Jesper Alsed