Re: Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support from Microsoft today

Re: Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support from Microsoft today

Flex&Java Developer

> Hi All,
>
> I am not sure if anything has changed regarding Flash Player.
>
> Wanted to clarify if Microsoft is saying that IE11 will still run Flash
> Player post Dec 2020.
>
> Can anyone share their understanding from below blog post today from
> Microsoft ?
>

> https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/09/04/update-adobe-flash-end-support/
>

> Regards,
> Shyam

Re: Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support from Microsoft today

Flex&Java Developer
Yes... i also thought all browsers  will stop running flash.
But this article seems to  suggest that Microsoft will still support Flash
player in IE11 post DEC 2020.
I also could not get clearly interpret this blog post if this is the case.

Regards,
Shyam

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 5:27 PM Greg Dove <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's interesting, it does sound like it might continue to be 'available'
> in terms of 'function' after 2020 for player versions since June this year,
> but disabled by default and not 'supported'in the old Edge and in IE11.
> That interpretation is actually 'better' than I had understood it to be in
> the past (I assumed it would cease to function after 2020). But I am still
> not 100% clear on that after reading this.
>
> I think it would probably require a very specific question and response
> from Microsoft (and/or Adobe) to clarify this. It would be great if
> Microsoft and Adobe published some FAQs on this...
>

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 10:10 AM Flex&Java Developer <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am not sure if anything has changed regarding Flash Player.
> >
> > Wanted to clarify if Microsoft is saying that IE11 will still run Flash
> > Player post Dec 2020.
> >
> > Can anyone share their understanding from below blog post today from
> > Microsoft ?
> >

> https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/09/04/update-adobe-flash-end-support/
> >

> > Regards,
> > Shyam

Re: Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support from Microsoft today

Greg Dove
Yes this gives some 'hope' :)
But it is difficult to be sure.

It does seem to contradict one statement in this page:
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html
'Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player
after the EOL Date'

Are there any Adobe employees reading this thread who could verify the
interpretation of the Microsoft blog post?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 2:45 PM Flex&Java Developer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Yes... i also thought all browsers  will stop running flash.
> But this article seems to  suggest that Microsoft will still support Flash
> player in IE11 post DEC 2020.
> I also could not get clearly interpret this blog post if this is the case.
>
> Regards,
> Shyam
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 5:27 PM Greg Dove <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > That's interesting, it does sound like it might continue to be
> 'available'
> > in terms of 'function' after 2020 for player versions since June this
> year,
> > but disabled by default and not 'supported'in the old Edge and in IE11.
> > That interpretation is actually 'better' than I had understood it to be
> in
> > the past (I assumed it would cease to function after 2020). But I am
> still
> > not 100% clear on that after reading this.
> >
> > I think it would probably require a very specific question and response
> > from Microsoft (and/or Adobe) to clarify this. It would be great if
> > Microsoft and Adobe published some FAQs on this...
> >

> > On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 10:10 AM Flex&Java Developer <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I am not sure if anything has changed regarding Flash Player.
> > >
> > > Wanted to clarify if Microsoft is saying that IE11 will still run Flash
> > > Player post Dec 2020.
> > >
> > > Can anyone share their understanding from below blog post today from
> > > Microsoft ?
> > >

> https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/09/04/update-adobe-flash-end-support/
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Shyam

Re: Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support from Microsoft today

Mark Kessler
It has to do with their customer base such as governments and such
always being delayed in their technology transitions.  This does not
mean the rest of the browsers will do the same, buy microsoft will
support things longer for an additional cost

-Mark K