Re: Enable/Disable MenuItems before Display

Re: Enable/Disable MenuItems before Display

Frost, Andrew
I think you want to listen for the “preparing” event:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/display/NativeMenu.html#event:preparing
(Not sure the bookmark works on that link so you may just need to scroll down to very nearly the bottom of the page to see the event details..)

Hope it helps..

cheers,
    Andrew

On 14 Jul 2018, at 15:01, Tucsonjhall <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

I must not be approaching this common task correctly. I have a native menu on
an AIR application and want to determine which subitems should be enabled
before displaying. I have yet to fall upon a way to capture an event when,
let's say, the File menu is clicked but before the menuitems under it are
displayed. Suggestions?

Sent from: https://clicktime.symantec.com/a/1/NKMNAKhM5moK42gKM_PnB2_fmesnkwcwUlsh70s8ifA=?d=hwx1C78Gl3DsWOPKC1jE6RAkaZ9h7jfxm2aDyFjc9JO8BHRsoz2B3-g53hqaPKM8zGjKlsV7i89b2lGKTpgX1eJJxUsiACWYdm0S0qvhkHWdIkxBWwXVbECcJGpnRnveVhUSlmlXApwNqCmNYnbJP8GhgRtxlKmCpB7Y5DspSoGTBRCcNXRUdq3k_0b-623oZuRrHXdxfnMKaRgKnImvSnQZNtcrgJVSklgTMVbXG2t3lwOoJHG70NkoqwopFtxyZSHaX_tR-JLSWBffGTxhJPHBbL9N2CmYPyazp3YmMdZ-ANa0RdubebnFMvv88Xm1KxON3TAkktwmMQjMLiRtAhFAjBol6pq5hMtBylNg1kYVvXsQIYycQ_qaerHdEuqwyCFgUbbTz_hYjaWUjCRidMCDHWxev7Q6&u=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2F

Re: Enable/Disable MenuItems before Display

Javier Guerrero García
Can't you just bind the enabled property of your nativemenuitems to
whatever expression gives you the availability of the item, no matter if
it's shown or not, so you are sure it's always in the correct state?

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/display/NativeMenuItem.html#enabled

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Tucsonjhall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I must not be approaching this common task correctly. I have a native menu
> on
> an AIR application and want to determine which subitems should be enabled
> before displaying. I have yet to fall upon a way to capture an event when,
> let's say, the File menu is clicked but before the menuitems under it are
> displayed. Suggestions?

Re: Enable/Disable MenuItems before Display

Microsftcompany Award compensa

Attention:

This is to notify the above Beneficiary that we have received a notification from Microsoft company to award you with the sum of $900,000.00 (Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars Only) from a random collection award compensation of the year 2018. Please confirm your address as stated above to enable us prepare your Visa Credit Card ATM Card containing your winning payment for delivery to you.

We look forward to read from you and to re-confirm your address. Congratulation.

OFFICE OF -  [ATM-NYC]
MISS. JANET WALTON

 Subject: Re: Enable/Disable MenuItems before Display
 To: "users" <[hidden email]>