[RT] What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?

[RT] What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?

Guthmann, Scott
> I'm currently at Velocity in Santa Clara and have heard repeated derisive laughter from large audiences of IT operations folk whenever Flash has been mentioned by a presenter.

Step #1: Open up an HTML5 canvass
Step #2: Start developing in Flex
Step #3: Compile to run on the various platforms & devices.
Step #4: deliver your app that is .05% HTML5 and 99.95% in Flex

Viola! An HTML5 app that looks beautiful and runs everywhere! My point is - How would your group of chortling morons know the difference?

RE: [RT] What is the general perception of Apache Flex and Flash in mid 2012?

Desai, Ashish S
Do we not need flash player for that purpose? Do we have cross compilers that can convert flex to other frameworks and work as beautifully as they do in Flash Player?

Thanks,
Ashish