RE: licensing

Zand, Michael
Hello,

My company would like to modify and distribute the code in the incubator flex project. My question is whether the Apache 2.0 license applies even though the project is only in the incubator stage.

Thank you,

Michael Zand
Programming Manager
Data Visualization Products
Information Builders, Inc.
212-736-4433 x4886

Re: licensing

Carol Frampton
This might be a better place to ask:

The [hidden email] is a forum for questions (even FAQs) that
have a legal aspect to them. These questions may concern (for example)
licensing, third party packages, contributor agreement questions and
trademark issues. This list will build into an ad-hoc knowledge base about
those thorny legal issues that most commonly effect Apache projects.

Carol

On 6/28/12 10 :11AM, "Zand, Michael" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My company would like to modify and distribute the code in the incubator
>flex project. My question is whether the Apache 2.0 license applies even
>though the project is only in the incubator stage.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Michael Zand
>Programming Manager
>Data Visualization Products
>Information Builders, Inc.
>212-736-4433 x4886

Re: licensing

Dave Fisher

On Jun 28, 2012, at 7:11 AM, Zand, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company would like to modify and distribute the code in the incubator flex project. My question is whether the Apache 2.0 license applies even though the project is only in the incubator stage.

Once the project has made a release, then that Source Release will certainly be using the Apache License. Exceptions are noted in the LICENSE file and required copyright statements in the NOTICE. But until there is a release these files have not been reviewed sufficiently to know for sure.

Your modifications may be worth contributing back to the project, but that is your company's choice to do so and this project's choice to accept.

Regards,
Dave