QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Yishay Weiss
Hi,

Has anyone had luck with reading qrcode on a flex mobile app?

I've been struggling with the libraries [1,2] I've found online.

Has anyone been successful with either? Are there other libraries out there?

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/myflashlab/barcode-ANE
[2] https://www.kasperkamperman.com/blog/flash-code/flash-qrcode-reader-as3/

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Yishay Weiss
It has crossed my mind. We'll see if I get approval.

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Yishay Weiss

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

After24
Hi Yishay,

Distriqt produce excellent native extensions :
https://airnativeextensions.com/extension/com.distriqt.Scanner

Vincent.

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Yishay Weiss
Thanks Vincent. I'll have a look.

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

douglasmccarroll
Hi Yishay,

I'm using the MyFlashLabs Barcode ANE successfully. You can find my code
here:

https://github.com/douglasmccarroll/brightworks/blob/master/src_bright_air/com/brightworks/util/Utils_NativeExtensions.as

Douglas

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:13 AM Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had luck with reading qrcode on a flex mobile app?
>
> I've been struggling with the libraries [1,2] I've found online.
>
> Has anyone been successful with either? Are there other libraries out
> there?
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://github.com/myflashlab/barcode-ANE
> [2]
> https://www.kasperkamperman.com/blog/flash-code/flash-qrcode-reader-as3/

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Erik Thomas
+1 for the Distriqt Scanner ANE  <https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-Scanner>since it works beautifully. The Wiki docs and tutorials <https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-Scanner/wiki> are also easy to follow and up-to-date, and the support is very good, though they are located in Australia so you may not get an answer same day depending on your timezone but I've always received a response within 24 hours and we're 17 hours behind. We use 10 of Distriqt's ANEs in several commercial apps in the wild on both Android and iOS.

Erik

On Sep 28, 2018, at 2:48 AM, Douglas McCarroll <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Yishay,

I'm using the MyFlashLabs Barcode ANE successfully. You can find my code
here:

https://github.com/douglasmccarroll/brightworks/blob/master/src_bright_air/com/brightworks/util/Utils_NativeExtensions.as

Douglas

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:13 AM Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had luck with reading qrcode on a flex mobile app?
>
> I've been struggling with the libraries [1,2] I've found online.
>
> Has anyone been successful with either? Are there other libraries out
> there?
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://github.com/myflashlab/barcode-ANE
> [2]
> https://www.kasperkamperman.com/blog/flash-code/flash-qrcode-reader-as3/

Re: QRCode with Mobile Flex (Android)

Yishay Weiss
We ended up going with the distriqt ANE and it's been a smooth experience.

Thanks to those who responded to this thread, all very helpful.