Quantcast

Pouchdb integration?

zantafio
Hello,

i am quite new to Flexjs.
Have been an avid AS3 / Air developer and I need to incorporate pouchdb into one of my projects, since the backend-developer would like to use it.

Has anyone here done that? I guess I'd need to edit the transpiled Javascript code directly, right?
I am a bit afraid that the resulting project might me quite a mishmash...
An option would be Ionic it seems.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Alex Harui

On 3/16/17, 3:57 AM, "zantafio" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i am quite new to Flexjs.
>Have been an avid AS3 / Air developer and I need to incorporate pouchdb
>into
>one of my projects, since the backend-developer would like to use it.
>
>Has anyone here done that? I guess I'd need to edit the transpiled
>Javascript code directly, right?
>I am a bit afraid that the resulting project might me quite a mishmash...
>An option would be Ionic it seems.
>
>Any Ideas?

I've not heard pouchdb mentioned before.  The theory behind FlexJS is that
nobody should ever have to write JavaScript again!  Any code you need to
run in the browser can be written in ActionScript and transpiled to
JavaScript and you should not have to edit the transpiled code.

To work with third-party JavaScript libraries, you create a typedefs SWC
for that library.  The workflow for doing so has been improved recently.
If you want to work with the latest code, please start a new thread on
[hidden email].

Re: Pouchdb integration?

zantafio
hello alex and thanks,

any hints / tuts on how i could create that SWC.
not sure if the learning curve might be to steep for my current project.

thanks again
OK

Re: Pouchdb integration?

OK
Hi,
Josh Tynjala creates a utility called "dts2as" which transpiles TypeScript to AS3 [1].
There already exist TypeScript definitions for PouchDB [2][3].

Maybe some of the pros here are able to assess if this could work?

Olaf

[1] https://nextgenactionscript.com/tutorials/dts2as-typescript-definitions-with-actionscript/
[2] https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped
[3] http://www.nuget.org/packages?q=pouchdb

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Alex Harui
On 3/17/17, 5:39 AM, "OK" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>Josh Tynjala creates a utility called "dts2as" which transpiles TypeScript
>to AS3 [1].
>There already exist TypeScript definitions for PouchDB [2][3].
>
>Maybe some of the pros here are able to assess if this could work?

dts2as is one way to do it.

We are working on another way where you define the API in ActionScript.
If you are interested in that, please start a thread on the dev@ mailing
list.

Re: Pouchdb integration?

zantafio