PopUp Problems on Amazon Devices

bilbosax
I use a lot of PopUps in my mobile app.  They work great on iOS, Android, and
Amazon Fire devices, but the don't *POSITION* themselves correctly on Amazon
Fire devices.

noInvitePopUp = PopUpManager.createPopUp(this, NoInvitePopUp, true) as
NoInvitePopUp;
PopUpManager.centerPopUp(noInvitePopUp);

This code should create a popup that is centered horizontally and vertically
inside of the component that created it.  It works on iOS and Android, but
on Amazon Fire, it centers horizontally, but vertically it positions flush
to the top of the component that created it.  Has anyone experienced this,
and do you have any tips to take care of this?  Do I need to post a bug
report??

Re: PopUp Problems on Amazon Devices

bilbosax
Nobody else has encountered this problem before??

On a modern Amazon Fire device, PopUps won't center vertically.  Do I report
this to the guys here with Flex, or at Harmaan?

Re: PopUp Problems on Amazon Devices

Erik Thomas-2
What do you think of just calculating the top y coordinate of the popup instead of depending on the PopupManager to properly center it?

(screenHeight - popupHeight) / 2

I'd also open an issue of course but not hold my breath on a quick fix. :-)

Erik

Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au