Optimize speed on Android

agm65
Hi all,

how to increase the speed on Android?
On ios my app runs nearly like native apps but on android its a bit to slow.
The hardware of my android device is not much worse than the ios device.

Setting up cpu/gup rendering does nothing.

Any suggestion or tipps?

Re: Optimize speed on Android

Nemi
Can you find out, what or where it makes huge difference precisely? Maybe using Scout.

Re: Optimize speed on Android

leokan23

Re: Optimize speed on Android

agm65
thx alot!

Re: Optimize speed on Android

After24
Hi,

You can optimize a bit more by setting the Color depth to 16 bit in the XML app descriptor.
  <colorDepth>16bit</colorDepth>

The gain is not huge but not neglictable if your app manipumates bitmap objects.

you can also set :

stage.frameRate to 60;
stage.quality to StageQuality.LOW;
Scroller.maxDragRate to 80 (Static property of the scroller component);

Use pure as3 item renderers and old flash TextField object whenever you don't need complexe text layout.

Vincent.