Opensource Flashplayer Petition

reisan lukelog
GitHub developer starts petition to open source Adobe Flash

https://github.com/pakastin/open-source-flash

Re: Opensource Flashplayer Petition

Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib
I understand this heart-wish, but in my opinion there is some "Flash Player
Core" inside Adobe AIR, which is still a popular platform, so I don't
believe Adobe would release it.
(I never worked for Adobe and these are my only thoughts and intuition)

Regards,
Evyatar

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 7:27 AM, reisan lukelog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> GitHub developer starts petition to open source Adobe Flash
>
> https://github.com/pakastin/open-source-flash
> <https://github.com/pakastin/open-source-flash>

Re: Opensource Flashplayer Petition

Hi Reisan,

I see that some information on this page seems to be incorrect.

"FLEX - the main display list / layout engine made by Adobe configured with MXML, was open sourced by Adobe. Now it is being developed by the guys at NextGen ActionScript" - Flex is part of Apache Software Foundation and it's developed fully by volunteers.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Opensource Flashplayer Petition

Josh Tynjala
I made a quick pull request to improve some of the descriptions (and it was
merged). I'm sure things could be refined a little more, but I made it
clear that FlexJS is an Apache project and that NextGenAS is a separate
website.

- Josh

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:20 AM, piotrz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Reisan,
>
> I see that some information on this page seems to be incorrect.
>
> "FLEX - the main display list / layout engine made by Adobe configured with
> MXML, was open sourced by Adobe. Now it is being developed by the guys at
> NextGen ActionScript" - Flex is part of Apache Software Foundation and it's
> developed fully by volunteers.
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC

Re: Opensource Flashplayer Petition

reisan lukelog
yes but it goes to saying why would they end support if they are still
updating air which has the same core as fp