Network Reachability

Philippe Bossu
Hello,
I would like to know if there is an equivalent of iOS Reachability class in
ActionScript.

I read this but I don't see how to test for WIFI access.
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7999454/is-there-an-equivalent-of-the-reachability-class-for-actionscript-3

Thanks for your help.
And nice new Flex website by the way.

Regards

Re: Network Reachability

Fréderic Cox
How I solve this problem is I have a 1kb file on Amazon S3 which I ping
via HTTPService in Flex (or you can use URLLoader in AS)

Fréderic Cox

On 01/02/13 15:11, "Philippe Bossu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>I would like to know if there is an equivalent of iOS Reachability class
>in
>ActionScript.
>
>I read this but I don't see how to test for WIFI access.
>-
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7999454/is-there-an-equivalent-of-the-r
>eachability-class-for-actionscript-3
>
>Thanks for your help.
>And nice new Flex website by the way.
>
>Regards

Re: Network Reachability

Philippe Bossu
Thank you but my issue is I want to detect WIFI availability not just
network.

This is to ensure:

   - I don't consume 3G bandwidth
   - I have enough bandwidth (which I maybe could do through network test)

Regards

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Fréderic Cox <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How I solve this problem is I have a 1kb file on Amazon S3 which I ping
> via HTTPService in Flex (or you can use URLLoader in AS)
>
> Fréderic Cox
>

> On 01/02/13 15:11, "Philippe Bossu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I would like to know if there is an equivalent of iOS Reachability class
> >in
> >ActionScript.
> >
> >I read this but I don't see how to test for WIFI access.
> >-
> >
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7999454/is-there-an-equivalent-of-the-r
> >eachability-class-for-actionscript-3
> >
> >Thanks for your help.
> >And nice new Flex website by the way.
> >
> >Regards

Re[2]: Network Reachability

Chris Rounds
Have you tried using NetworkInfo Class? Similar to... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9872348/adobe-air-detect-if-connection-is-wifi-3g-or-edge

--
Chris Rounds

> Thank you but my issue is I want to detect WIFI availability not just
> network.
>
> This is to ensure:
>
>    - I don't consume 3G bandwidth
>    - I have enough bandwidth (which I maybe could do through network test)
>

> Regards
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Fréderic Cox <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > How I solve this problem is I have a 1kb file on Amazon S3 which I ping
> > via HTTPService in Flex (or you can use URLLoader in AS)
> >
> > Fréderic Cox
> >

> > On 01/02/13 15:11, "Philippe Bossu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >I would like to know if there is an equivalent of iOS Reachability class
> > >in
> > >ActionScript.
> > >
> > >I read this but I don't see how to test for WIFI access.
> > >-
> > >
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7999454/is-there-an-equivalent-of-the-r
> > >eachability-class-for-actionscript-3
> > >
> > >Thanks for your help.
> > >And nice new Flex website by the way.
> > >
> > >Regards

Re: Re[2]: Network Reachability

Philippe Bossu
Thank you very much, so this means it can't be done without native
extension ?

For android I would have to develop a native extension based on this kind
of code:
-
http://www.gubatron.com/blog/2010/09/19/android-programming-how-to-obtain-the-wifis-corresponding-networkinterface/(
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager.html )

Finally for Windows, is there a way to do so ?
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5325627/how-can-i-check-for-3g-wifi-edge-cellular-networks-in-windows-phone-7

Regards