Need Help compiling an old Flex Builder 3 mxml into SWF

Need Help compiling an old Flex Builder 3 mxml into SWF

kmdguy
Hi there,

I have an old mxml project which I built using Flex Builder 3 on a Mac. I
would occasionally open up that project in Flex Builder and make a few quick
amendments and save out the SWF file, upload it to my server and it was all
good.

Recently I switched to a brand new iMac running Mojave and I cannot get my
Flex Builder 3 to run on it (no surprise as it is very old). I have the mxml
project though that I moved over to a PC, opened the mxml document in an
editor, made some minor amendments and am trying to use the Apache Flex
compiler in Windows to export it as a SWF. I've tested it with a super
simple "hello world" file and it compiles fine.

However, my main mxml project file bumps into numerous errors which I'm
simply not sure how to overcome. I'm an amateur Flex programmer and I did
this project almost 9 years ago. This project only needs ONE more update to
be exported as SWF and then it will be replaced by a new program written in
C#.

Is there anyone available that I can pay to simply take my project and
compile it into SWF for me one last time? Or help me overcome the error that
is tripping me up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Dan

Re: Need Help compiling an old Flex Builder 3 mxml into SWF

ScottM
I do have a working 4.6 which I have never upgraded

Might be able to load and recompile

Sent from my iPhone

> On 12 Jan 2019, at 00:05, kmdguy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I have an old mxml project which I built using Flex Builder 3 on a Mac. I
> would occasionally open up that project in Flex Builder and make a few quick
> amendments and save out the SWF file, upload it to my server and it was all
> good.
>
> Recently I switched to a brand new iMac running Mojave and I cannot get my
> Flex Builder 3 to run on it (no surprise as it is very old). I have the mxml
> project though that I moved over to a PC, opened the mxml document in an
> editor, made some minor amendments and am trying to use the Apache Flex
> compiler in Windows to export it as a SWF. I've tested it with a super
> simple "hello world" file and it compiles fine.
>
> However, my main mxml project file bumps into numerous errors which I'm
> simply not sure how to overcome. I'm an amateur Flex programmer and I did
> this project almost 9 years ago. This project only needs ONE more update to
> be exported as SWF and then it will be replaced by a new program written in
> C#.
>
> Is there anyone available that I can pay to simply take my project and
> compile it into SWF for me one last time? Or help me overcome the error that
> is tripping me up?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Dan

Re: Need Help compiling an old Flex Builder 3 mxml into SWF

ScottM
I might even have an old PC in the garage with 3 I would need to look

Sent from my iPhone

> On 12 Jan 2019, at 11:03, Scott Matheson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I do have a working 4.6 which I have never upgraded
>
> Might be able to load and recompile
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 12 Jan 2019, at 00:05, kmdguy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have an old mxml project which I built using Flex Builder 3 on a Mac. I
>> would occasionally open up that project in Flex Builder and make a few quick
>> amendments and save out the SWF file, upload it to my server and it was all
>> good.
>>
>> Recently I switched to a brand new iMac running Mojave and I cannot get my
>> Flex Builder 3 to run on it (no surprise as it is very old). I have the mxml
>> project though that I moved over to a PC, opened the mxml document in an
>> editor, made some minor amendments and am trying to use the Apache Flex
>> compiler in Windows to export it as a SWF. I've tested it with a super
>> simple "hello world" file and it compiles fine.
>>
>> However, my main mxml project file bumps into numerous errors which I'm
>> simply not sure how to overcome. I'm an amateur Flex programmer and I did
>> this project almost 9 years ago. This project only needs ONE more update to
>> be exported as SWF and then it will be replaced by a new program written in
>> C#.
>>
>> Is there anyone available that I can pay to simply take my project and
>> compile it into SWF for me one last time? Or help me overcome the error that
>> is tripping me up?
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dan
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Need Help compiling an old Flex Builder 3 mxml into SWF

Tom Chiverton
You could use a virtual machine to run an older version of it on Windows
or something ?

Tom

On 12/01/2019 00:05, kmdguy wrote:
> Is there anyone available that I can pay to simply take my project and
> compile it into SWF for me one last time? Or help me overcome the error that
> is tripping me up?

Re: Need Help compiling an old Flex Builder 3 mxml into SWF

Alex Harui-2
In theory, Flash Builder just calls the compiler with options stored in the project files.  So, if you have the project files (.actionScriptProperties and a few others) you don't need Flash Builder to build your project.  You can just use the command-line.  You may have to change some paths and dig some SWCs out of Flash Builder's files, but it should work.  And then you will be able to build it again someday if the need arises.

If you post the errors you are getting from the command-line, folks can help.

-Alex

    For more information please visit https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.symanteccloud.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cf0a2378db588452abe9a08d67a054e07%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636830560640720399&amp;sdata=xCiQMVwlESbQtkkjQFqpcfPXQPsrvnL%2BwkDLvfjkTUM%3D&amp;reserved=0