Mustella Update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Mustella Update

Peter Ent
Folks,

I've just made a small change to the Mustella wiki page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Mustella+Overview) in the Installation section with a reminder that you have to build the Apache Flex SDK first, along with some other bits about requirements and settings.

--peter
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Mustella Update

Peter Ent
Hi,

Now that Mustella has been submitted, I am going to run the full tests on a Mac (and hopefully, Windows) tonight. I'll follow up with a report tomorrow. I'm just now building the Apache Flex SDK on Windows.

Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Mustella Update: Test results

Peter Ent
Hi,

Last night I ran the full set of tests using mini_run.sh -all and after 16 hours, I have some results.

On Mac OS X Lion, 4,686 tests ran. 3,613 tests passed and 1,073 failed for various reasons.
On Windows 7, only 3,513 tests ran. 2,345 passed and 1,1168 tests failed for various reasons.

I do not yet know why the total number of tests is different between Windows 7 and Mac OS X.  I have also not combed through the test log to see what really happened. If anyone is feeling adventuresome, it would be interesting to get a comparison of results.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems

From: Default User Nam <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:27 PM
To: "[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Subject: Mustella Update

Hi,

Now that Mustella has been submitted, I am going to run the full tests on a Mac (and hopefully, Windows) tonight. I'll follow up with a report tomorrow. I'm just now building the Apache Flex SDK on Windows.

Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mustella Update: Test results

jmclean
Administrator
Hi,

> On Mac OS X Lion, 4,686 tests ran. 3,613 tests passed and 1,073 failed for various reasons.
> On Windows 7, only 3,513 tests ran. 2,345 passed and 1,1168 tests failed for various reasons.

Do we have a baseline with Flex 4.6? ie do currently more or less tests succeed with 4.6 vs 4.8?

Thanks,
Justin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mustella Update: Test results

Carol Frampton
The should all pass on Flex 4.6.  Remember we had to change the fonts and
lots of the images so the tests are different.  Bitmaps may have to be
updated.  

The donation was done before this process was completed since people said
they wanted mustella sooner rather than later.

Carol

On 8/10/12 10 :21AM, "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> On Mac OS X Lion, 4,686 tests ran. 3,613 tests passed and 1,073 failed
>>for various reasons.
>> On Windows 7, only 3,513 tests ran. 2,345 passed and 1,1168 tests
>>failed for various reasons.
>
>Do we have a baseline with Flex 4.6? ie do currently more or less tests
>succeed with 4.6 vs 4.8?
>
>Thanks,
>Justin


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mustella Update: Test results

Alex Harui



On 8/10/12 7:46 AM, "Carol Frampton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The should all pass on Flex 4.6.  Remember we had to change the fonts and
> lots of the images so the tests are different.  Bitmaps may have to be
> updated.  
Actually, you should get the same results if you use Adobe Flex 4.6 against
what is in Apache Flex SVN for mustella because test media was changed and
not all tests were fixed.

Before we released, we ran the Adobe Flex 4.6 mustella tests that had
un-donatable media against Apache Flex 4.8 and everything passed.
>
> The donation was done before this process was completed since people said
> they wanted mustella sooner rather than later.
And so, we are looking for everyone's help in fixing up the tests so they
all run (although there could be some bad tests in there).

>
> Carol
>
> On 8/10/12 10 :21AM, "Justin Mclean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> On Mac OS X Lion, 4,686 tests ran. 3,613 tests passed and 1,073 failed
>>> for various reasons.
>>> On Windows 7, only 3,513 tests ran. 2,345 passed and 1,1168 tests
>>> failed for various reasons.
>>
>> Do we have a baseline with Flex 4.6? ie do currently more or less tests
>> succeed with 4.6 vs 4.8?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mustella Update: Test results

Alex Harui
In reply to this post by Peter Ent



On 8/10/12 7:16 AM, "Peter Ent" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Last night I ran the full set of tests using mini_run.sh -all and after 16
> hours, I have some results.
>
> On Mac OS X Lion, 4,686 tests ran. 3,613 tests passed and 1,073 failed for
> various reasons.
> On Windows 7, only 3,513 tests ran. 2,345 passed and 1,1168 tests failed for
> various reasons.
>
> I do not yet know why the total number of tests is different between Windows 7
> and Mac OS X.  I have also not combed through the test log to see what really
> happened. If anyone is feeling adventuresome, it would be interesting to get a
> comparison of results.
I suspect most of the differences will be bitmap rendering differences
between mac and win.

>
> Regards,
> Peter Ent
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems
>
> From: Default User Nam <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:27 PM
> To: "[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>"
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Subject: Mustella Update
>
> Hi,
>
> Now that Mustella has been submitted, I am going to run the full tests on a
> Mac (and hopefully, Windows) tonight. I'll follow up with a report tomorrow.
> I'm just now building the Apache Flex SDK on Windows.
>
> Peter Ent
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui


Loading...