Multiple AIR executables in the same folder

Multiple AIR executables in the same folder

Paul Stearns
I would like to have multiple AIR executables (captive runtime) in the same folder. It appears that a captive runtime runs a standard executable which looks for a file .META-INF\AIR\application.xml which defines the actual swf file to run.

Will the executable accept as a parameter, the name of the "application.xml" file to use?

If so I could have two different files.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have one AIR application call another. and packaging them into the same folder would make my life easier.

Paul R. Stearns
Advanced Consulting Enterprises, Inc.

15280 NW 79th Ct.
Suite 250
Miami Lakes, Fl 33016

Voice: (305)623-0360 x107
Fax: (305)623-4588

Re: Multiple AIR executables in the same folder

Paul Stearns

I have an acceptable (mostly) work around. If I move the second application into a subfolder of the first I can easily run the second application. This however requires that I carry an extra ~36 MB of AIR executables with it.

Is there any way to tell a captive runtime executable where the AIR modules can be found?

Paul R. Stearns
Advanced Consulting Enterprises, Inc.

15280 NW 79th Ct.
Suite 250
Miami Lakes, Fl 33016

Voice: (305)623-0360 x107

Re: Multiple AIR executables in the same folder

Paul Stearns
Alex:

I want to completely shut down the initial process

Paul R. Stearns
Advanced Consulting Enterprises, Inc.

15280 NW 79th Ct.
Suite 250
Miami Lakes, Fl 33016

Voice: (305)623-0360 x107

Re: Multiple AIR executables in the same folder

Alex Harui-2
OK.  IIRC, the 32-bit Apache Flex Installer shuts itself down and launches a 64-bit version of itself.  It is pretty much doing what you said (two full copies of AIR).  The code is here: https://github.com/apache/flex-utilities/blob/develop/flex-installer/installer/src/InstallApacheFlex.mxml

FWIW, you can probably make it appear that the initial process shutdown by managing the various AIR NativeWindows.  But if you really need to shut down the initial process, I don't know of any other way.