Quantcast

Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Paul Moreau
Hi folks,

After becoming sick of developing a mobile project using FB 4.7 ( constant
crashing , constant issues attaching to devices for debugging , stuck on
Java 6, no updates ) I was delighted to discover Moonshine IDE,
specifically targeted for Flex / AIR apps.

However, after setting it all up , whenever I try and debug even a new
mobile project with the default settings, it builds OK but just prints the
below to the console:

 (fdb)  <<<
: Launch Applcation
: Adobe (R) AIR (R) Debug Launcher (ADL)
: Version 23.0.0.257
: Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
: -profile already specified
: usage:
:   adl ( -runtime <runtime-dir> )? ( -pubid <pubid> )? -nodebug? (
-profile PROFILE )? ( -extdir <extensions-dir> )? ( -screensize SCREEN_SIZE
)? <app-desc> <root-dir>? ( -- ... )?
:   adl -help
: PROFILE                :
mobileDevice|extendedMobileDevice|desktop|extendedDesktop|tv|extendedTV
: SCREEN_SIZE            : ( <width>x<height>:<fullscreen
width>x<fullscreen height> )|PREDEFINED_SCREEN_SIZE
: PREDEFINED_SCREEN_SIZE :
iPhone|iPhoneRetina|iPhone5Retina|iPhone6|iPhone6Plus|iPod|iPodRetina|iPod5Retina|iPad|iPadRetina|Droid|NexusOne|SamsungGalaxyS|SamsungGalaxyTab|QVGA|WQVGA|FWQVGA|HVGA|WVGA|FWVGA|1080|720|480

Does anyone have any experience building and releasing enterprise level
apps with Moonshine? Or could anyone recommend a more robust IDE than
FlashBuilder for building AIR mobile apps ?

Thanks for your time.

--

*DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose
after sending by Zutec. We use virus scanning software but exclude all
liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.*

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

piotrz
Hi Paul,

I'm happy that you are trying to use Moonshine IDE - maybe folks from the Moonshine Team respond you with solution.

I've dropped FB several years ago and started to use Jetbrains Intellij IDEA[1][2] in daily work. - I have never regret. - You will find there everything what you need for development Flex/Air application. :)

[1] https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/?fromMenu
[2] https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/2017.1/actionscript-and-flex.html

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

crikos
Hi,
I am in front of the same considerations. Right now I am nailed to FB because using Coldfusion as backend. The only reason, why I can’t move to another IDE is Coldfusion integration - especially the code generation features for getting the ValueObjects and service classes from Coldfusion server. Does anybody know, if there are similar extensions to any other IDE than to FB ?

kindly regards

Mag.(FH) Christian Kostenzer
Gärberbach 1
6020 Innsbruck Land I

fon: +43 676 3327320
fax: +43 810 9554 249195
Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Web: www.kostenzer.net <http://www.kostenzer.net/>
UID: ATU56508014

> Am 24.03.2017 um 11:32 schrieb piotrz <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm happy that you are trying to use Moonshine IDE - maybe folks from the
> Moonshine Team respond you with solution.
>
> I've dropped FB several years ago and started to use Jetbrains Intellij
> IDEA[1][2] in daily work. - I have never regret. - You will find there
> everything what you need for development Flex/Air application. :)
>
> [1] https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/?fromMenu
> [2] https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/2017.1/actionscript-and-flex.html
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Christofer Dutz
Hi Christian,

Well I have my ActionScript classes generated from my  Java classes using flexmojos generator as part of my maven build … I can still use the generate goal from flexmojos even if I am building a flexjs application.

Perhaps that helps.

Chris

Am 24.03.17, 12:19 schrieb "Christian Kostenzer" <[hidden email]>:

    Hi,
    I am in front of the same considerations. Right now I am nailed to FB because using Coldfusion as backend. The only reason, why I can’t move to another IDE is Coldfusion integration - especially the code generation features for getting the ValueObjects and service classes from Coldfusion server. Does anybody know, if there are similar extensions to any other IDE than to FB ?

    kindly regards

    Mag.(FH) Christian Kostenzer
    Gärberbach 1
    6020 Innsbruck Land I

    fon: +43 676 3327320
    fax: +43 810 9554 249195
    Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
    Web: www.kostenzer.net <http://www.kostenzer.net/>
    UID: ATU56508014

    > Am 24.03.2017 um 11:32 schrieb piotrz <[hidden email]>:
    >
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > I'm happy that you are trying to use Moonshine IDE - maybe folks from the
    > Moonshine Team respond you with solution.
    >
    > I've dropped FB several years ago and started to use Jetbrains Intellij
    > IDEA[1][2] in daily work. - I have never regret. - You will find there
    > everything what you need for development Flex/Air application. :)
    >
    > [1] https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/?fromMenu
    > [2] https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/2017.1/actionscript-and-flex.html
    >
    > Piotr
    >
    >
    >
    > -----
    > Apache Flex PMC

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Paul Moreau
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Gonna give IntelliJ a shot.

Paul

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Christofer Dutz <[hidden email]

--

*DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose
or use the contents in any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that
you have received the message and then please destroy. Zutec  Ltd is not
responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments
after sending by Zutec. We use virus scanning software but exclude all
liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.*

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Tom Chiverton
The VOs and services are all generated from a fairly simple template -
it's easy enough to make your own version in ColdFusion that will
connect to the DB, read the tables and columns, and generate them.

Tom