Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

piotrz
Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce that Moonshine 1.7.0 has been released at
http://moonshine-ide.com/ and on the App Store.
You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project:
https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE

*Added*
- Basic Visual Editor which allows you to build Flex applications mockups
and export them as Flex desktop projects
- Added support for creating Apache Royale projects.
- Added support for creating Away3D projects.
- Code Editor: Auto close quotes for XML attributes.
- Code Completion List: Added icons, tooltips and documentation popup to
have more information in completion list.
- Code Completion List: Open tooltip details and documentation popup (if
available) of selected item by shortcuts (Windows: Ctrl + Q, Mac: Shift +
F1).
Added hamburger menu to hold tabs which do not fit into the window.

*Changed*
- Updated NexGenActionscript engine to version 0.8.0.
- Project Tree: Double click to Expand/Collapse branches.
- Updated Setting > Templating to allow users to create new file and
project templates that will appear in File > New.

*Fixed*
- Find Resources: Button "Open" is now default, which allows user to
confirm choice with "Enter"
- Project directory defaults to directory used for the previous new project
- Project Creation: Fixed issue where project name was highlighted, but
didn't have focus.
- Fixed issue where first import in the MXML file was inserted at the
beginning of file.
- Debugging: Fixed null pointer exception which occurred while debugging
MXML code.
- Fixed issue "The supplied index is out of bounds".
- Fixed issue where custom SDK path was not showing in macOS after a
restart.
- When a project is closed or deleted, close all related editor tabs.

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Maxim Solodovnik
"100% Cross Platform" in description
 ... And Windows and MacOS in "Download on your Desktop"
It is sad ....

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

piotrz
Hi Maxim,

Not sure whether I understand your comment. Could you be more specific ? Do
we have some mistake ?

Thanks, Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Maxim Solodovnik
"100% Cross Platform"

usually means there is Window, Mac *and Linux* version
Moonshine seems to has no Linux version, so it is not 100% cross-platform

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Piotr Zarzycki
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Not sure whether I understand your comment. Could you be more specific ? Do
> we have some mistake ?
>
> Thanks, Piotr

>> "100% Cross Platform" in description
>>  ... And Windows and MacOS in "Download on your Desktop"
>> It is sad ....
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Piotr Zarzycki
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi Folks,
>> >
>> > I am pleased to announce that Moonshine 1.7.0 has been released at
>> > http://moonshine-ide.com/ and on the App Store.
>> > You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project:
>> > https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE
>> >
>> > *Added*
>> > - Basic Visual Editor which allows you to build Flex applications mockups
>> > and export them as Flex desktop projects
>> > - Added support for creating Apache Royale projects.
>> > - Added support for creating Away3D projects.
>> > - Code Editor: Auto close quotes for XML attributes.
>> > - Code Completion List: Added icons, tooltips and documentation popup to
>> > have more information in completion list.
>> > - Code Completion List: Open tooltip details and documentation popup (if
>> > available) of selected item by shortcuts (Windows: Ctrl + Q, Mac: Shift +
>> > F1).
>> > Added hamburger menu to hold tabs which do not fit into the window.
>> >
>> > *Changed*
>> > - Updated NexGenActionscript engine to version 0.8.0.
>> > - Project Tree: Double click to Expand/Collapse branches.
>> > - Updated Setting > Templating to allow users to create new file and
>> > project templates that will appear in File > New.
>> >
>> > *Fixed*
>> > - Find Resources: Button "Open" is now default, which allows user to
>> > confirm choice with "Enter"
>> > - Project directory defaults to directory used for the previous new
>> project
>> > - Project Creation: Fixed issue where project name was highlighted, but
>> > didn't have focus.
>> > - Fixed issue where first import in the MXML file was inserted at the
>> > beginning of file.
>> > - Debugging: Fixed null pointer exception which occurred while debugging
>> > MXML code.
>> > - Fixed issue "The supplied index is out of bounds".
>> > - Fixed issue where custom SDK path was not showing in macOS after a
>> > restart.
>> > - When a project is closed or deleted, close all related editor tabs.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > --
>> >
>> > Piotr Zarzycki
>> >
>> > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
>> > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
>>

>> --
>> WBR
>> Maxim aka solomax
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Hi Guys,

We have prepared small update Moonshine IDE 1.7.1 with couple of crucial
fixes. It is available at http://moonshine-ide.com/ and App store.

You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project:
https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE

*Added*

- Added action to close all tabs from both the File menu and the tab
context menu
- Tabs and project tree status are saved and restored when reopening a
project. This behavior can be disabled from the General tab in the
application settings.
- Quickly switch between different application files by right-clicking and
selecting "Set as Default Application"

*Fixed*

- Fixed bug where "Open Apache Flex/JS Project.." action did not work for
an existing project
- Fixed bug where configured resources were not being properly copied when
building a project
- Visual Editor: Fixed bug where new Visual Editor files were opening in
the text editor
- Visual Editor: Fixed bug where additional Visual Editor files did not
show up immediately in the exported project
- Visual Editor: Fixed bug where values width/height did not change in
editing panel during component resize

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Moonshine 1.7.0 has been released at
> http://moonshine-ide.com/ and on the App Store.
> You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project:
> https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE
>
> *Added*
> - Basic Visual Editor which allows you to build Flex applications mockups
> and export them as Flex desktop projects
> - Added support for creating Apache Royale projects.
> - Added support for creating Away3D projects.
> - Code Editor: Auto close quotes for XML attributes.
> - Code Completion List: Added icons, tooltips and documentation popup to
> have more information in completion list.
> - Code Completion List: Open tooltip details and documentation popup (if
> available) of selected item by shortcuts (Windows: Ctrl + Q, Mac: Shift +
> F1).
> Added hamburger menu to hold tabs which do not fit into the window.
>
> *Changed*
> - Updated NexGenActionscript engine to version 0.8.0.
> - Project Tree: Double click to Expand/Collapse branches.
> - Updated Setting > Templating to allow users to create new file and
> project templates that will appear in File > New.
>
> *Fixed*
> - Find Resources: Button "Open" is now default, which allows user to
> confirm choice with "Enter"
> - Project directory defaults to directory used for the previous new project
> - Project Creation: Fixed issue where project name was highlighted, but
> didn't have focus.
> - Fixed issue where first import in the MXML file was inserted at the
> beginning of file.
> - Debugging: Fixed null pointer exception which occurred while debugging
> MXML code.
> - Fixed issue "The supplied index is out of bounds".
> - Fixed issue where custom SDK path was not showing in macOS after a
> restart.
> - When a project is closed or deleted, close all related editor tabs.

> Piotr Zarzycki

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

hugo
Hi Piotr Zarzycki,

How many users/downloads (everage) per version do you have ?
Do you plan to support this IDE for the next 2/3 years ?
Do you believe that your IDE is fully capable to replace IntelliJIDEA for
AIR development (both mobile and desktop) ?
There is a simple tutorial ?

Regards,
Hugo.

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Olaf Krueger

>Do you plan to support this IDE for the next 2/3 years ?

Please forgive me but I never get tired to mention that projects like
Moonshine or the VSCode extension
needs anybody of us to keep them alive.
Please support these guys [1][2], they're building exciting stuff !!!

[1] https://www.patreon.com/josht
[2] https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

hugo
@Olaf

I bought IntelliJ Premium and happily would pay 2 times more for a simple
update if they did.
The IDE works as expected but there are a few improvements/speed up tasks
(already shared with them) that they could improve on the Flex plugin.
I'm bombarded with marketing to pay for a upgrade but they only update the
JAVA plugin, so I don't upgrade.

I'm not unhappy with IntelliJ (even without updates) but since Moonshine was
released (I don't understand the name but ok), I see that have regular
updates.
I tested the very first (probably alpha) version and it was basically a
notepad with asteroids on that time but I belive that evolve serious along
the time.

My questions was to understand if makes sense the switch to Moonshine, if
the developers predict working on that on the next few years or if IntelliJ
continues to be the best IDE for the job.
I think that no one is better to answer that besides the developers.

About the donation process.
I don't believe very much on that (it's my opinion) and I would willing to
pay but not for donation because I only pay what I can recieve a VAT
invoice.

About the donation process.
I don't believe very much on that (it's my opinion) and I would willing to
pay but not for donation because I only pay what I can recieve a VAT
invoice.

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
Hi Hugo,

>I'm bombarded with marketing to pay for a upgrade but they only update the
JAVA plugin, so I don't upgrade.

Yes, I heard about that...

>I only pay what I can recieve a VAT invoice.

I don't like to convince you but those guys I mentioned are using
Patreon.com. You'll receive
VAT invoices from there ;-)

One attracting thing with Moonshine is that it is implemented with AS3/Flex
so if you've free cycles you could help to improve it... unfortunately most
of us haven't enough time.

However, I am pretty sure that somebody of the Moonshine team will answer
your interesting questions!

BTW: You should also take a look the VSCode extension! Josh is making great
progress on it!

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Hi Hugo,

Let me answer to some of your questions.

*There is a simple tutorial ?*
I believe most of the require stuff to start is on our website. Creating
hello world app as a starting point is really simple. As an example of
setup something more complex you can take a look into the tutorial how
setup Moonshine sources itself. - This can give a clue how everything is
working.

*AIR development (both mobile and desktop) ?*
Yes we are supporting Adobe Air development for mobile and desktop with
Feathers and Flex SDK

*Do you believe that your IDE is fully capable to replace IntelliJIDEA for.
/Do you plan to support this IDE for the next 2/3 years ?*
We are strongly believe in Moonshine project and we have hope that some day
users will drop unsupported IDEs. Our road map is depends on you and other
people who trying Moonshine and get back to us with feedback. Take some
time, download the newest version - setup your project and tell us what we
were missing - raise issue on GitHub and we will try to improve it! We will
be improving it until you or others say - good job - I'm using Moonshine
daily!

Olaf thank you so much for spreading the word about Patreon! Anyone who
supports me or Josh there basically extends our time which we can spend on
support Moonshine, VSCode or Apache Royale project!

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi Piotr Zarzycki,
>
> How many users/downloads (everage) per version do you have ?
> Do you plan to support this IDE for the next 2/3 years ?
> Do you believe that your IDE is fully capable to replace IntelliJIDEA for
> AIR development (both mobile and desktop) ?
> There is a simple tutorial ?
>
> Regards,
> Hugo.

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

hugo
@Olaf,
I was not aware of VAT invoice on this kind of model, so it's a surprise for
me ! Thank you for pointing that.

@piotrz,
Thank you very much for answer my questions !
I tottaly agree with you that Flex IDEs will be dropped but more than that,
it's already happened.
I used Flex Builder for years (latter, renamed to Flash Builder), always
with huge issues and one day I decide to give a try and win the resistance
to change. Took me a dedicated week to move to IntelliJ Premium but I'm
happy with that decision and was a very updated IDE for a while (faster,
less memory issues and overall the costante crash disapeared. IntelliJ never
crashed once) but it's now years with 0 updates (they have a multi-language
IDE and even that it's very poor in therms of updates).

We all, are always very busy, but I will for sure manage time one of this
days and give another try.
If a to use your IDE, you can bet that you will have feedback !

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

piotrz
Hugo,

Fully understand, cause I was in the same position. I have used at the
beginning of my career FlexBuilder/Flash Builder and tried Intellij - never
go back! That good times were pass. Currently I'm slowly switching to
Moonshine completely. In fact all my Royale development I'm doing in
Moonshine.

I would be much appreciated for your feedback - this what we are counting
for!

Thanks, Piotr