Mobile DateChooser Flex

leokan23
This post was updated on .
So one of the missing things in Flex mobile I hate is tha there is no Date Chooser. OK there is the Date spinner but it looks old to be honest.

So my team and I are working on a custom Component with material designs. We are almost there and i wanted to share it with you.

I would also like to see if anyone is interested to help complete it and maybe extend it. There is already a version in github, but we plan to add the new "material" version.

We are looking for someone who could help bring it on the nessary quality for it to become part of Flex.

Let me know if you are interested.

p.s. special thanks to @quick6black for his Material skins (used for buttons)

EDIT:
Added link to github -

Flex DataChooser

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

OmPrakash Muppirala
Wow, that is fantastic.  Looking forward to your contribution!

Any chance this can easily be reskinned for iOS as well?  We usually try to
keep the mobile components in sync.

On Mar 3, 2017 8:43 AM, "leokan23" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So one of the missing things in Flex mobile I hate is tha there is no Date
> Chooser. OK there is the Date spinner but it looks old to be honest.
>
> So my team and I are working on a custom Component with material designs.
> We
> are almost there and i wanted to share it with you.
>
> I would also like to see if anyone is interested to help complete it and
> maybe extend it. There is already a version in github, but we plan to add
> the new "material" version.
>
> We are looking for someone who could help bring it on the nessary quality
> for it to become part of Flex.
>
> Let me know if you are interested.
>
> p.s. special thanks to @quick6black for his Material skins (used for
> buttons)
>
> <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n14753/17105909_
> 256392401470360_422671695_o.png>

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

leokan23
We can skin it for iOS too, although i think there is no similar date picker for ipad. If anyone has a screenshot of something similar please post.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Hi Leo,

Nice job! I'm wondering right now how hard would be to creat such component in our FlexJS MDL lib... :)

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM, leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We can skin it for iOS too, although i think there is no similar date
> picker
> for ipad. If anyone has a screenshot of something similar please post.

You are right, there is no such component available for iOS.  The closest
one I could find was this:
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*uSc-y-neP4kyNVeCc9XFyw.png

Maybe this could be a starting point?

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

leokan23
We already have build such a skin for an older app (couple of years ago).

Again this would feel a bit strange for iOS. We will come up with a skin for it that used characteristics from native ios, but first things first, we have to combine this with a TextInput to create the new component.

Is anyone interested on helping on that part?

The date chooser is a component which appears when the user clicks on the StageTextInput we use right now. When the user selects a date, the popup closes and the date is added in the TextInput.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Olaf Krueger
Hi leokan,
cause I'm not so familar with mobile components I don't understand what kind of help you're looking for.
The screenshot looks pretty complete for me ;-)

To encourage others to help it maybe helps to share some code and to file concrete issues/todos?

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

quick6black
You welcome for the buttons, would be interested in helping. I am finishing up a mobile alert skin and a new date picker was on my radar.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

leokan23
I will add the latest version to github including a todo list and post it also here.

@quick6black you can work on the calendar I am working too if you want. It currently works as an independent component modal. The user has to listen for the selection of a date and added as text in the text input.

One thing that definitely needs work is the translation part. We currently use resource files for the Months and days, which could be confusing.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

leokan23
I have uploaded the current version to github, for anyone to grab and help expand it.

Flex-Mobile-Calendar