Mobile App Running in Background

Jairo
I develop a mobile App in Flex and this app needs to be listening to socket data all the time.
What i need is to make something like WhatsApp do: you can close the interface but the App is already active, listening to incoming remote data.

It is possible to do this? How?

Re: Mobile App Running in Background

Fréderic Cox
Check out the background networking functions from
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f7e64a7f12cd2dd1867-8000.html#WSd6d4f896b3a8801b-15a1d5f91370ecb9970-8000

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Jairo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I develop a mobile App in Flex and this app needs to be listening to socket
> data all the time.
> What i need is to make something like WhatsApp do: you can close the
> interface but the App is already active, listening to incoming remote data.
>
> It is possible to do this? How?
>
> Thanks

Re: Mobile App Running in Background

clintm
I would give this a read…
http://blogs.adobe.com/airodynamics/2012/05/04/air-ios-background-behavior/

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Jairo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I develop a mobile App in Flex and this app needs to be listening to socket
> data all the time.
> What i need is to make something like WhatsApp do: you can close the
> interface but the App is already active, listening to incoming remote data.
>
> It is possible to do this? How?
>
> Thanks

Re: Mobile App Running in Background

clintm