Map and Phone apps on Mobile

bilbosax
In my mobile AIR app, if a user clicks on a phone number, I want it to open the device's phone app and dial the number selected.  Also, if they click on an address(which I will have the coordinates for), I would like for it to open the device's mapping app with the target set as the coordinates I will send it.

Is there a class or function for doing this kind of thing, or do I need to look into ANE's to find this feature?

Thx!

Re: Map and Phone apps on Mobile

bilbosax
I found the navigateToUrl method.  This seems to work well for email, messaging apps, and making phone calls, so that takes care of my phone needs.  But I haven't found a solution yet for opening the mapping app on a device set to the coordinates that I want to send it.  Let me know if you have any ideas.

Re: Map and Phone apps on Mobile

bilbosax
Don't know if this is the right approach, but I found this link on launching maps using a url, so using navigateToUrl might still work.  Let me know your thoughts.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/featuredarticles/iPhoneURLScheme_Reference/MapLinks/MapLinks.html

Re: Map and Phone apps on Mobile

Frank Dahmen
You could navigate to google.com/maps in the browser and attach the
coordinates to the url.

Am 07.02.2017 um 04:24 schrieb bilbosax:

> Don't know if this is the right approach, but I found this link on launching
> maps using a url, so using navigateToUrl might still work.  Let me know your
> thoughts.
>
> https://developer.apple.com/library/content/featuredarticles/iPhoneURLScheme_Reference/MapLinks/MapLinks.html

Re: Map and Phone apps on Mobile

quick6black
this works for me, it asks you for the default mapping app on Android. Using the method used to work on IOS until they switched to apple maps. If you install google maps for IOS it will also work.

navigateToURL(new URLRequest('https://www.google.com/maps/.......));