Localizable Phone Number Formatting

Erik J. Thomas
Hey all:

I need to develop, find, or buy a telephone number formatter that's i18n.

mx.PhoneFormatter is ancient and not globalized. You have to specify the format and there are just too many different formats to hard code as you can see in this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_conventions_for_writing_telephone_numbers

I was hoping to find something like flash.globalization.DateTimeFormatter which does a great job of localization based on locale without having to specify patterns.

Anyone ever create such a component in Flex/ActionScript? Or know where I can get one? Just want to avoid doing this from scratch, encoding every country code in the world associated with the appropriate pattern string.

Thanks.

Erik

Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au