LinkedIn from Flex Development Question

Erik J. Thomas
Hey all:

I've read through much of the LinkedIn Developer docs for using REST APIs, but can't find a simple answer to a simple need:

We just want to be able to import a user's LinkedIn photo, title, and company name, in a Flex mobile app if the user wants to use it.

The LinkedIn API docs make this a hugely complex process, using OAuth 2, requiring a server for authentication callbacks, etc., very heavyweight for such a simple need and I haven't found any Flex libraries that will help with this, though I may not be looking hard enough.

Do any of you have any experience doing this sort of thing? And if we have to go with the heavyweight OAuth 2 approach, are any of you interested in a short-term development contact to help us develop it out in Flex for AIR? Or do you know of an AS3 library out there to do this?

Thanks!

Erik

Re: LinkedIn from Flex Development Question

Fréderic Cox
https://www.curiousm.com/labs/2011/03/09/connect-to-linked-in-api-from-as3-and-adobe-air/
not helpful?
An option could be to do the communication via PHP (
https://github.com/Happyr/LinkedIn-API-client) and create your own PHP
service to pass the data

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Erik J. Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all:
>
> I've read through much of the LinkedIn Developer docs for using REST APIs,
> but can't find a simple answer to a simple need:
>
> We just want to be able to import a user's LinkedIn photo, title, and
> company name, in a Flex mobile app if the user wants to use it.
>
> The LinkedIn API docs make this a hugely complex process, using OAuth 2,
> requiring a server for authentication callbacks, etc., very heavyweight for
> such a simple need and I haven't found any Flex libraries that will help
> with this, though I may not be looking hard enough.
>
> Do any of you have any experience doing this sort of thing? And if we have
> to go with the heavyweight OAuth 2 approach, are any of you interested in a
> short-term development contact to help us develop it out in Flex for AIR?
> Or do you know of an AS3 library out there to do this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Erik

Re: LinkedIn from Flex Development Question

Erik J. Thomas
Hey Frederic:

This is a great article! I will give this a try first.

Thanks!

Erik