Has Flex a lack of (complete) support for touch screens?

Has Flex a lack of (complete) support for touch screens?

chris_flex
This post was updated on .
In the Adobe Air Forum I found that (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2364563):

Standard Flex components rely heavily on vector graphics and even a simple view with bunch of inactive components can make a average tablet/phone lag heavily (drop fps to near zero) without mentioning their lack of (complete) support for touch screens (and also the drain on battery will be noticed). Flex Apache does provide an answer to that with a specific set of components for touch screens/mobile device but you'll have to make the switch yourself and modify some code. Anyway you'll have to run some tests.

What may he mean with "lack of (complete) support for touch screens (and also the drain on battery will be noticed)"?

Kind regards

Chris

Re: Flex and lack of (complete) support for touch screens

OmPrakash Muppirala
I read that comment and I don't think they know what they are talking
about.  It is very easy to build a cross-platform (iOS + Android) with
Apache Flex.  There is very good support for touch screens and no, it is
not a drain on the battery.

Please try it out yourself so you can come to a conclusion of your own.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM, chris_flex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the Adobe Air Forum I found that
> (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2364563):
>
> /Standard Flex components rely heavily on vector graphics and even a simple
> view with bunch of inactive components can make a average tablet/phone lag
> heavily (drop fps to near zero) without mentioning their lack of (complete)
> support for touch screens (and also the drain on battery will be noticed).
> Flex Apache does provide an answer to that with a specific set of
> components
> for touch screens/mobile device but you'll have to make the switch yourself
> and modify some code. Anyway you'll have to run some tests./
>
> What may he mean with "lack of (complete) support for touch screens (and
> also the drain on battery will be noticed)"?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Chris

Re: Flex and lack of (complete) support for touch screens

chris_flex
Thanks Om,

thought the same but was not sure if I missed something :-).

Kind regards

Chris