[FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

[FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

davide.prina
Hi all,

I have successfully compiled the FlexJs source on a Debian GNU/Linux Stretch.

But now, when I try to execute a command I have and error message:

$ asjsc
Using Falcon codebase: /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-falcon/compiler
Using Flex SDK: /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-sdk
Error: Unable to access jarfile /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

$ asjscompc
Using Falcon codebase: /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-falcon/compiler
Using Flex SDK: /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-sdk
Error: Unable to access jarfile /../lib/compc.jar

$ mxmlc
Using Falcon codebase: /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-falcon/compiler
Using Flex SDK: /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-sdk
Error: Unable to access jarfile /home/flex/FlexJS/flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

Need I to execute something else after the compilation?

In the compilation this commands has been executed, so the mxmlc.jar file was present.

I have see that this file is present in this directories:

$ find . -name mxmlc.jar
./flex-sdk/lib/mxmlc.jar
./flex-sdk/lib-legacy/mxmlc.jar
./flex-falcon/compiler-jx/lib/mxmlc.jar

can I link one of this to be used?

Thanks
Davide

Re: [FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

piotrz
Hi Davide,

What version of FlexJS are you using ? I really recommend use FlexJS 0.8 Nightly, cause it contains bunch of changes and fixes.

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

davide.prina
Hi Piotrz,

piotrz ha scritto:

> What version of FlexJS are you using ? I really recommend use FlexJS 0.8

I have take all from git repository few day ago
So I think I have the last version of each component.
FlexJS is 0.8

Probably don't have I run/download something?

I have found a lot of error during compiling process.
EG:
* a directory name is wrong (it search jQuery, but it is JQuery... I solved with a simbolic link)
* the camera task try to use a function that was introduced in the 11.2 version of flash, but the installation use the 11.1 (I have commented the line... for now)

Ciao
Davide

Re: [FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

Alex Harui
Hi Davide,

Did you run "ant all" instead of just "ant" in flex-falcon?

On 4/11/17, 7:50 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Piotrz,
>
>piotrz ha scritto:
>
>> What version of FlexJS are you using ? I really recommend use FlexJS 0.8
>
>I have take all from git repository few day ago
>So I think I have the last version of each component.
>FlexJS is 0.8
>
>Probably don't have I run/download something?
>
>I have found a lot of error during compiling process.
>EG:
>* a directory name is wrong (it search jQuery, but it is JQuery... I
>solved with a simbolic link)
>* the camera task try to use a function that was introduced in the 11.2
>version of flash, but the installation use the 11.1 (I have commented the
>line... for now)
>
>Ciao
>Davide

Re: [FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

davide.prina
Hi Alex,

Alex Harui ha scritto:

> Did you run "ant all" instead of just "ant" in flex-falcon?

No, I have run

$ ant main
$ ant jx

not with
$ ant all

I have the .jar in the correct place.

Thanks
Davide

Re: [FlexJs]: Error: Unable to access jarfile flex-asjs/js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

Alex Harui
Ah, sorry, I think I get it now.

The scripts in flex-asjs are meant to be used in a FlexJS SDK, where the
install script has combined flex-asjs and flex-falcon (and flex-typedefs)
under a single folder.

But when using just the repos, I don't use those scripts.  Most of what I
do is test the examples and each examples has its own Ant and Maven script.

When testing your own app against the repos, I believe it will just work
in Maven because the Maven build will put the compiler artifacts in the
local Maven repository.

There are Ant targets "compile", "compile-js" and "compile-js-release"
that I use when compiling a custom app.  To use "compile" you would use:

  ant compile -Dfile=<path to MXML or AS file>

I believe other folks are using the Installer to install a nightly build
and then manually copy jars from the working copies to the right places.
On Linux, the Installer doesn't work, but you should be able to download a
nightly build from [1], expand it, and use:

  ant -f installer.xml

to create the FlexJS SDK and then copy in files from the working copies.

[1]
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-asjs/lastSuccessfulBuild/
artifact/out/apache-flex-flexjs-0.8.0-bin.tar.gz