[FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

12

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

piotrz
Hi Patrizia,

Well you can use Flash Builder as your code editor, but still use Maven to build your project. Simple create your hello world using this instruction [1] and let us know whether you were able to build it.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Create+A+FlexJS+Project+with+Maven

Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

patrizia.bellitto
Hi Alex, I'm using Ant by downloading the binary package, not the sources.
I tried many times and, after the installation, the directory /js/libs is missing, so I can't compile to HTML/Javascript from both FlashBuilder and IntelliJ IDEA.
Is there any way to obtain these missing libraries? I need to test the compilation to HTML/Js so we'd like to migrate an existing Flash application...
Thanks a lot for your support!

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

piotrz
Hi Patrizia,

If ANT -installer is for some reason is broken for you I saw that you were able to build on your own FlexJS SDK by Maven on Mac OSX - YES ? Using distribution command ? "mvn -s settings-template.xml -DdistributionTargetFolder={pathToDistributionDirectory} -P build-distribution clean install "

Just wanted to confirm where you are right now.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

patrizia.bellitto
Yes, you are right, I added the distribution command without any issue and used that distributionTargetFolder inside Flash Builder 4.7.
THe problem here is when I launch the configuration to convert the simple Flex project to FlexJS:

The file does not exist for the external tool named Convert New Flex Project to FlexJS MVC Project.

Thanks
Patrizia

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

piotrz
Patrizia,

I'm not sure whether "distribution" package produced by Maven is fully ready for usage to build some  project, cause there are missing things. I'm treat "distribution" as something which I can use to my IDE for intellisence and visibility if I added some new things to FlexJS SDK. - We need to fix this issue, but that's something which I hope I will take over.

But you are in a good path. My first proposition is to try create and build Hello World - I did post you how to do this by Maven.

I would like to understand what kind of Flex project you have? Cause you are saying about converting old Flex project to FlexJS. First of all you will be able to build using FlexJS only your business logic which DO NOT HAVE any dependency to Flash/Flex. Your UI part need to be rewritten to using FlexJS Basic/Express components or FlexJS MDL library (Google Material Design Library).

Can you explain more what are you going to achieve ?

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

patrizia.bellitto
Hi Piotr,
since 2007 we have been developing a quite big web application used to simulate a wide range of designs showing our products (power converters, LED lighting and so on).
You can have a look here: https://my.st.com/analogsimulator

We know that the UI must be completely reviewed...but we have a lot of code containing only the "engines" that allow to simulate the application, so, as we need to remove the Flash player and move to HTML5/Javascript technologies, it would be very useful if we could avoid to rewrite these modules.

I'm working right now to well separate logic from the UI, and build these engines through FlexJS.
Your support is very appreciated, thanks!
Patrizia

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

piotrz
Patrizia,

Thanks for explanation now I understand. That's good that you are trying to separate logic, if that logic is going to be separate swc - Maybe you should try to create for such module build plan - separate pom.xml. etc. but that's something for the later work.

1) If you are not going change SDK itself you don't have to have it buildable on your machine, but since you reach this point that's good
2) If you wanted to just use FlexJS SDK, start from building simple "hello world" [1] and let us know how it goes.
3) Once you will be able to build "hello world" - I can share with you some "pom.xml" example which you will be able to change and build your library to FlexJS "swc"
4) Create build plan for your main application based on "hello world" app from point 1. and use created swc

Thanks to above steps you will have whole build system which is independent from IDE.

As for feeding IDE you will have your own "distribution" package or just downloaded by "Apache Flex Installer" package which has been build by Ant on Jenkins.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

Hi Patrizia,

Just to be clear, did you run "ant -f installer.xml" after downloading and
expanding the binary package?  That is required to bring everything else
that you need.  If you did that and it didn't do the right thing, I will
take a look at it myself.

On 5/24/17, 1:24 AM, "patrizia.bellitto" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Alex, I'm using Ant by downloading the binary package, not the sources.
>I tried many times and, after the installation, the directory /js/libs is
>missing, so I can't compile to HTML/Javascript from both FlashBuilder and
>IntelliJ IDEA.
>Is there any way to obtain these missing libraries? I need to test the
>compilation to HTML/Js so we'd like to migrate an existing Flash
>application...
>Thanks a lot for your support!

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

patrizia.bellitto
Hi Alex,
it's exactly what I did. Moreover I added the proxy configuration inside the installer.xml file (we are behind  proxy with authentication here) and I changed, inside one of the downloads.xml files, the URL of svg.js GoogleCode Library script, that is obsolete and returns 404 error.
After these modifications, everything is built successfully. I'm able to configure the SDK and the launch configurations in Flash Builder, create a new project and convert it to a FlexJS Project.
I can build and run as a classic Flash web application but I can't debug and release with the FalconJX compiler because of the errors I told you before (/js/libs folder and something else is missing).

Thanks again
Patrizia

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

Alex Harui-2
Hi Patrizia,

Can you post a link to the entire console output of the installer script?
I want to see where it is picking up the falconjx binary. It might be that
it is getting some version that doesn't have the js/libs swcs.

I'm at the end of my day, so I will look at the output tomorrow.

It occurred to me that you can try just sticking the SWCs in js/libs from
here:  http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-asjs/ws/js/libs/

I think that link is public.

THanks Alex,
I'm at the beginning of my day so I'll try and I'll let you know!

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

patrizia.bellitto
Hi Alex,
I'm uploading here the log files: the first one with error from the Google Code library, the second one after having corrected the link logs.zip
I downloaded the js folder from the location you suggested me, but there is no mxmlc.jar inside js/lib, so the compilation failed again.
Then I copied a complete lib folder from a successful installation on MacOS, and now the error is this:

Using Flex SDK: C:\flexJS\apache-flex-flexjs-0.7.0-bin
using FlashBuilder Project Files
FlashBuilder settings:
    -locale
    @locale@
    -source-path+=C:\flexJS\DataBindingExample/src
    -compiler.accessible=true
    -output=C:\flexJS\DataBindingExample/bin-release/DataBindingExample.swf
    -library-path+=C:\flexJS\DataBindingExample/libs
    -js-output-type=FLEXJS
    -sdk-js-lib=C:\flexJS\apache-flex-flexjs-0.7.0-bin\frameworks\js\FlexJS\generated-sources
    -debug=false
    -fb
    C:\flexJS\DataBindingExample/src/DataBindingExample.mxml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/google/javascript/jscomp/ErrorManager : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.driver.mxml.flexjs.MXMLFlexJSBackend.createPublisher(MXMLFlexJSBackend.java:129)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.driver.mxml.flexjs.MXMLFlexJSBackend.createPublisher(MXMLFlexJSBackend.java:63)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.compile(MXMLJSC.java:432)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC._mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:352)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:277)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.staticMainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:236)
        at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.main(MXMLJSC.java:177)

from the URL you sent me I found the 0.8.0 bin package, I downloaded it and built with Ant...
now everything works perfectly even through FlashBuilder, thanks!

Re: [FlexJS - maven]: compiled from source, but settings and ../lib/* missing

Alex Harui-2
Hi Patrizia,

That's great news!  Thanks for trying FlexJS.

-Alex

On 5/25/17, 7:41 AM, "patrizia.bellitto" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>from the URL you sent me I found the 0.8.0 bin package, I downloaded it
>and
>built with Ant...
>now everything works perfectly even through FlashBuilder, thanks!
>

>--

12