FlexJS IDE integration

12

FlexJS IDE integration

After24
Hello,

I finally found the time to try FlexJS but I'm stuck with IDE issues.

I'm working with Intellij 2017 and flash builder for existing projects maintenance but I don't want to use it for new projects.

I first tried to setup the helloWord sample provided with the flexjs 0.8.0 sdk in Intellij following this step by step guide but it didn't work because of a bug that Josh Tynjala corrected a month ago. So I tried to get the nightly build of the sdk but the flex installer doesn't offer to install it.

Then I decided to try visual studio code, following NextGen actionScript ApacheCon, but vscode prompt me that it could not locate a valid Java executable (I have java 1.6 installed on my machine in order to get flash builder running).

So I gave up, a bit frustrated :-)

I'm not complaining, I know that the FlexJS team has a lot to do but the, but it feels a  bit complicated (at least for me) to configure a basic flexJS project at the moment.

Vincent.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

piotrz
Hi Vincent,

Give a try Moonshine IDE [1] . It's more friendly when someone is starting with FlexJS.

[1]http://moonshine-ide.com

Thanks, Piotr
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

>vscode prompt me that it could not locate a valid Java executable
I think the "Java 8 Runtime" is required [1].

>I have java 1.6 installed on my machine in order to get flash builder running
Is it not possible to install different Java versions in parallel?!

>it feels a  bit complicated (at least for me) to configure a basic flexJS project at the moment.
I would start with Josh's tutorials, VSCode and Yeoman [2]

[1] https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=bowlerhatllc.vscode-nextgenas
[2] https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/generator-flexjs

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
Hello Olaf, hello Piotrz,

Thank you.

I would prefer to use Intellij which is a fantastic IDE (I tried vscode mainly by cursiosity).

I think the Intellij integration issue is fixed in the latest version of the SDK but I don't know how to get it.

Vincent.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Josh Tynjala
Inside the Flex SDK Installer, right click and choose Show Dev Builds. That
will make the nightly build appear in the list.

- Josh

On Aug 8, 2017 3:22 AM, "After24" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Olaf, hello Piotrz,
>
> Thank you.
>
> I would prefer to use Intellij which is a fantastic IDE (I tried vscode
> mainly by cursiosity).
>
> I think the Intellij integration issue is fixed in the latest version of
> the
> SDK but I don't know how to get it.
>
> Vincent.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Josh Tynjala
PMC,

We should consider a 0.8.1 release with some of the recent bug fixes. The
IntelliJ IDEA fix, in particular, seems especially important, considering
this thread. Developers want to to try FlexJS in a familiar IDE, and 0.8.0
makes that harder right now.

It's also like to get the MXML source maps fix released too. We could
cherry pick some other fixes too, if anyone has some that they think are
important.

- Josh

On Aug 8, 2017 6:04 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Inside the Flex SDK Installer, right click and choose Show Dev Builds.
> That will make the nightly build appear in the list.
>
> - Josh
>
> On Aug 8, 2017 3:22 AM, "After24" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Olaf, hello Piotrz,
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> I would prefer to use Intellij which is a fantastic IDE (I tried vscode
>> mainly by cursiosity).
>>
>> I think the Intellij integration issue is fixed in the latest version of
>> the
>> SDK but I don't know how to get it.
>>
>> Vincent.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Hans Nuecke
+1

Am 08.08.2017 um 15:11 schrieb Josh Tynjala:

> PMC,
>
> We should consider a 0.8.1 release with some of the recent bug fixes. The
> IntelliJ IDEA fix, in particular, seems especially important, considering
> this thread. Developers want to to try FlexJS in a familiar IDE, and 0.8.0
> makes that harder right now.
>
> It's also like to get the MXML source maps fix released too. We could
> cherry pick some other fixes too, if anyone has some that they think are
> important.
>
> - Josh
>
> On Aug 8, 2017 6:04 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Inside the Flex SDK Installer, right click and choose Show Dev Builds.
>> That will make the nightly build appear in the list.
>>
>> - Josh
>>
>> On Aug 8, 2017 3:22 AM, "After24" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Olaf, hello Piotrz,
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> I would prefer to use Intellij which is a fantastic IDE (I tried vscode
>>> mainly by cursiosity).
>>>
>>> I think the Intellij integration issue is fixed in the latest version of
>>> the
>>> SDK but I don't know how to get it.
>>>
>>> Vincent.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Josh,

I would be happy to help with any kind of activities for 0.8.1 release in the next week. We should get everything what we currently have in develop branch as part of it - I don't see any breaking changes. Maybe open discussion thread on Dev to see who else is +1.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
Hi Josh,

Thank you for the solution, I will try again to run helloWorld again :-)

Vincent.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
So, I downloaded the flexJS nighty build and tried to run HelloWorld but get the following error :

Information:[FlexJsTest]: Starting Flex compiler: "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar" com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 62041 Information:[FlexJsTest]: mxmlc -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-server/flexjstest_fea646d3/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/idea-2D4DB777-D16A24E8.xml -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml -js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/js/libs/js.swc Information:[FlexJsTest]: Compilation failed Information:08/08/2017 17:16 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0 warnings in 7s 75ms Error:[FlexJsTest]: : interface method addEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class HelloWorld Error:[FlexJsTest]: : interface method removeEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class HelloWorld Error:[FlexJsTest]: : interface method dispatchEvent in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class HelloWorld /Users/vincent/development/After24/lab/FlexJsTest/src/main/flex/HelloWorld.mxml Error:[FlexJsTest]: interface method element in interface IInitialViewApplication not implemented by class HelloWorld Error:[FlexJsTest]: interface method element in interface IRenderedObject not implemented by class HelloWorld

I probably do something wrong but I don't know what.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

piotrz
Could you please show code of this hello world somewhere.

Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
I just rebuild the project from scratch and get the same error :

Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Starting Flex compiler:
"/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar" com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 53461
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: mxmlc -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-server/helloworldflexjs_890a8fa1/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/idea-61249F45-DF3F2E04.xml -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml -js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/js/libs/js.swc
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Compilation failed
Information:08/08/2017 18:44 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0 warnings in 8s 103ms
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method addEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method removeEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method dispatchEvent in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
/Users/vincent/development/After24/lab/helloWorldFlexJS/src/Main.mxml
    Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface IInitialViewApplication not implemented by class Main
    Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface IRenderedObject not implemented by class Main

Any idea ?

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
It's the one provided by the sdk :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<js:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/basic" >
    <js:valuesImpl>
        <js:SimpleCSSValuesImpl />
    </js:valuesImpl>
    <js:initialView>
        <js:View>
            <js:Label text="Hello World!" />
        </js:View>
    </js:initialView>
</js:Application>

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Josh Tynjala
I noticed the following compiler option in your build:

-js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL

It probably shouldn't be used at all with FlexJS 0.8.0 or newer.

Either -targets=JSFlex or -targets=JSFlex,SWF should be used instead.

- Josh

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 9:45 AM, After24 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just rebuild the project from scratch and get the same error :
>
> Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Starting Flex compiler:
> "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java"
> -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/
> flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0
> -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en
> -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ
> IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-
> fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ
> IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/
> Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.
> 0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar"
> com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 53461
> Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: mxmlc
> -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-
> server/helloworldflexjs_890a8fa1/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/
> idea-61249F45-DF3F2E04.xml
> -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/
> sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml
> -js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL
> -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/
> Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/js/libs/js.swc
> Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Compilation failed
> Information:08/08/2017 18:44 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0
> warnings in 8s 103ms
> Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method addEventListener in interface
> IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class
> Main
> Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method removeEventListener in
> interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in
> class Main
> Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method dispatchEvent in interface
> IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class
> Main
> /Users/vincent/development/After24/lab/helloWorldFlexJS/src/Main.mxml
>     Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface
> IInitialViewApplication not implemented by class Main
>     Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface
> IRenderedObject not implemented by class Main
>

> Any idea ?

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
Josh,

I set the -targets to JSFlex without success.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Josh Tynjala
Are you getting the exact same errors?

- Josh

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM, After24 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Josh,
>
> I set the -targets to JSFlex without success.

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
yes, I think

Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Starting Flex compiler:
"/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar" com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 55638
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: mxmlc -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-server/helloworldflexjs_890a8fa1/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/idea-61249F45-DF3F2E04.xml -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml -js-output-type=JSFlex -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/js/libs/js.swc
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Compilation failed
Information:08/08/2017 19:18 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0 warnings in 7s 113ms
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method addEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method removeEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method dispatchEvent in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
/Users/vincent/development/After24/lab/helloWorldFlexJS/src/Main.mxml
    Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface IRenderedObject not implemented by class Main
    Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface IInitialViewApplication not implemented by class Main

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

Josh Tynjala
You accidentally set -js-output-type=JSFlex instead of -targets=JSFlex.

Also, I assume that even though your SDK path says flexjs.0.8.0, it's
actually the 0.9.0 nightly build?

- Josh

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:17 AM, After24 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes, I think
>
> Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Starting Flex compiler:
> "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java"
> -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/
> flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0
> -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en
> -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ
> IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-
> fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ
> IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/
> Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.
> 0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar"
> com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 55638
> Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: mxmlc
> -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-
> server/helloworldflexjs_890a8fa1/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/
> idea-61249F45-DF3F2E04.xml
> -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/
> sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml
> -js-output-type=JSFlex
> -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/
> Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/js/libs/js.swc
> Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Compilation failed
> Information:08/08/2017 19:18 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0
> warnings in 7s 113ms
> Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method addEventListener in interface
> IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class
> Main
> Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method removeEventListener in
> interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in
> class Main
> Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method dispatchEvent in interface
> IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class
> Main
> /Users/vincent/development/After24/lab/helloWorldFlexJS/src/Main.mxml
>     Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface
> IRenderedObject not implemented by class Main
>     Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface
> IInitialViewApplication not implemented by class Main

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
Josh,

Yes, I replaced the previous 0.8.0 with the nightly build.

I corrected the -targets compiler option, and the error generated is a bit different now :

Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Starting Flex compiler:
"/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar" com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 56553
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: mxmlc -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-server/helloworldflexjs_890a8fa1/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/idea-61249F45-DF3F2E04.xml -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml -targets=JSFlex -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/flexjs.0.8.0/js/libs/js.swc
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: unknown error
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Compilation failed
Information:08/08/2017 19:48 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0 warnings in 7s 515ms
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method addEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method removeEventListener in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: : interface method dispatchEvent in interface IEventDispatcher is implemented with an incompatible signature in class Main
/Users/vincent/development/After24/lab/helloWorldFlexJS/src/Main.mxml
    Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface IRenderedObject not implemented by class Main
    Error:Error:[helloWorldFlexJS]: interface method element in interface IInitialViewApplication not implemented by class Main

Re: FlexJS IDE integration

After24
Just to be sure, I re-downloaded the nightly in a separate folder and reset the project, but unfortunately, I get the same error :

Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Starting Flex compiler:
"/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapplication.home=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/0.9.0 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/0.9.0/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar" com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 57530
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: mxmlc -load-config=/Users/vincent/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea2017.2/compile-server/helloworldflexjs_890a8fa1/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/idea-61249F45-DF3F2E04.xml -load-config+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/0.9.0/ide/IDEA/intellij-config.xml -targets=JSFlex -external-library-path+=/Users/vincent/development/Apache/flexjs/sdks/0.9.0/js/libs/js.swc
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: unknown error
Information:[helloWorldFlexJS]: Compilation failed
Information:08/08/2017 20:10 - Compilation completed with 5 errors and 0 warnings in 8s 201ms