Flex web deployment...

Paul Stearns
Yes 5 was a typo. Should have been;

Why couldn't Adobe/Harman changed Flash to use the methodology Java uses for deployment?

For example I have a number of Java applications I use, "Mirth Connect" comes to mind, where you access it through a browser, but Mirth Connect is just really downloading a Java App, and running it.

Another web loaded Java application I use includes iDrac from Dell.

Since my applications are mostly self contained, this would work great for me.

Paul R. Stearns
Advanced Consulting Enterprises, Inc.

15280 NW 79th Ct.
Suite 250
Miami Lakes, Fl 33016

Voice: (305)623-0360 x107

Re: Flex web deployment...

Alex Harui-2
Without thinking about this too much, I don't think it makes sense to change Flash Player.  The browsers don't want to allow it as a plugin.

I don't know what it would take to duplicate however Java runs something it downloads to launch an AIR app.  It would be interesting to see if you could create a Java wrapper that launches an AIR app.

-Alex

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3S7LLeTVcUpSCswuSwqZKry7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabout.me%252Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C0a354f32a016473763e508d7c4708976%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637193859932804541&amp;sdata=qJvmsR%2FmleXCq4CLyspg6G8B2v0IdZsKwX0L3zSXE64%3D&amp;reserved=0

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3S7LLeTVcUpSCswuSwqZKry7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabout.me%252Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C0a354f32a016473763e508d7c4708976%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637193859932804541&amp;sdata=qJvmsR%2FmleXCq4CLyspg6G8B2v0IdZsKwX0L3zSXE64%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Flex web deployment...

Paul Stearns
Alex:

Interesting idea. I would need to also figure out how to keep the myriad of SWF files which comprise the app up to date. Right now I depend on flash to get the latest version of a specific SWF file from the website. Browser caching is sometimes a problem.

--
Carlos Rovira
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3S7LLeTVcUpSCswuSwqZKry7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabout.me%252Fcarlosrovira&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C0a354f32a016473763e508d7c4708976%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637193859932804541&sdata=qJvmsR%2FmleXCq4CLyspg6G8B2v0IdZsKwX0L3zSXE64%3D&reserved=0

--
Carlos Rovira
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3S7LLeTVcUpSCswuSwqZKry7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabout.me%252Fcarlosrovira&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C0a354f32a016473763e508d7c4708976%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637193859932804541&sdata=qJvmsR%2FmleXCq4CLyspg6G8B2v0IdZsKwX0L3zSXE64%3D&reserved=0

Re: Flex web deployment...

Alex Harui-2
Hi Paul,

Lots of people have AIR apps that are basically a startup shell that pull a SWF from a server and run it.  Have you investigated that approach?  No Flash plug-in involved at all.

-Alex

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3S7LLeTVcUpSCswuSwqZKry7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabout.me%252Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1c979aab330c4f50e69508d7c4aabc32%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637194109887517221&amp;sdata=jnxPM1Uxm07VzPsNo6rg74AxdWI%2Bz4ebcdCxlpbwJm4%3D&amp;reserved=0

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3S7LLeTVcUpSCswuSwqZKry7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabout.me%252Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C1c979aab330c4f50e69508d7c4aabc32%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637194109887517221&amp;sdata=jnxPM1Uxm07VzPsNo6rg74AxdWI%2Bz4ebcdCxlpbwJm4%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Flex web deployment...

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
From my researches I found out that it will be possible to run Flash/Flex applications after 2020 inside of the browser due to this new technology which will use WebAssembly.

https://medium.com/leaningtech/preserving-flash-content-with-webassembly-done-right-eb6838b7e36f

Maybe we don't need to freak out at all anymore.

Re: Flex web deployment...

Carlos Rovira-2
Thanks for sharing, sounds good, but still nothing real until it will be
launched, and at that time I think people will need to evaluate it to see
if it works as expected. For what they say it will only work on Chrome,
that's not bad... and the idea itself seems promising. But time will tell
if it goes to real
Thanks for let us know! :)

El mar., 10 mar. 2020 a las 15:44, Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> From my researches I found out that it will be possible to run Flash/Flex
> applications after 2020 inside of the browser due to this new technology
> which will use WebAssembly.
>

> https://medium.com/leaningtech/preserving-flash-content-with-webassembly-done-right-eb6838b7e36f
>
> Maybe we don't need to freak out at all anymore.

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Flex web deployment...

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
Well I received this update and it seems to work pretty well now it is up to us to test it to see if our flex apps are running well.

https://medium.com/leaningtech/running-flash-in-webassembly-using-cheerpx-an-update-d500b6fbc44e

10.03.2020, 16:18, "Carlos Rovira" <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks for sharing, sounds good, but still nothing real until it will be
> launched, and at that time I think people will need to evaluate it to see
> if it works as expected. For what they say it will only work on Chrome,
> that's not bad... and the idea itself seems promising. But time will tell
> if it goes to real
> Thanks for let us know! :)
>
> El mar., 10 mar. 2020 a las 15:44, Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
>>  From my researches I found out that it will be possible to run Flash/Flex
>>  applications after 2020 inside of the browser due to this new technology
>>  which will use WebAssembly.
>>
>>  https://medium.com/leaningtech/preserving-flash-content-with-webassembly-done-right-eb6838b7e36f
>>
>>  Maybe we don't need to freak out at all anymore.

> Carlos Rovira
> http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Flex web deployment...

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
To see the talk about the tech with demos you can watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JUs4c99-mo&feature=youtu.be

10.03.2020, 16:18, "Carlos Rovira" <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks for sharing, sounds good, but still nothing real until it will be
> launched, and at that time I think people will need to evaluate it to see
> if it works as expected. For what they say it will only work on Chrome,
> that's not bad... and the idea itself seems promising. But time will tell
> if it goes to real
> Thanks for let us know! :)
>
> El mar., 10 mar. 2020 a las 15:44, Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
>>  From my researches I found out that it will be possible to run Flash/Flex
>>  applications after 2020 inside of the browser due to this new technology
>>  which will use WebAssembly.
>>
>>  https://medium.com/leaningtech/preserving-flash-content-with-webassembly-done-right-eb6838b7e36f
>>
>>  Maybe we don't need to freak out at all anymore.

> Carlos Rovira
> http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Flex web deployment...

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
Hey look this out I found also something pretty cool it seems that Silverlight is also back :)

https://opensilver.net/announcements/introducing-opensilver.aspx