Flex > FlexJS

chris_flex
I am working in a small company building a Mobile App with Flex/AIR. Some of
our customer would like to have a alternative webbased version. So FlexJS
would fit perfectly. We would really like to test FlexJS since a lot of
months but we don't have the ressources to really do it as our App is really
complex and we have to focus our work on the product and its features and
daily business.

The first time I have heard about FalconJS/FlexJS I thought the goal is to
compile existing Flex Projects to HTML5, ... That would be amazing... ! Are
there any plans for the future to compile Flex-Projects to HTML5? Are there
any numbers of how much (standard) Flex-Projects are currently running out
there?

And as an alternative question - are there any
tutorials/guidelines/checklists out there for a fast migriation?

Re: Flex > FlexJS

piotrz
Hi Chris,

I don't recall any plans for doing such things like compile existing Flex
app to HTML. But using FlexJS (Royale) you can take your business logic
which do not have dependency to Flash and build it using FlexJS (Royale)
compiler. Whole UI layer need to be rewritten from scratch.

I would say that we have couple of places where you can take a look for
more information. I hope we will put together once project will fully land
on github.
1) Wiki [1]
2) Olaf's idea to put everything together - it is in progress -> [2] ( I
hope it will be part of Royale repository)
3) There are some IDEs suppports FlexJS Moonshine IDE [3] and VSCode [4].

Feel free to ask any specific question I will be glad to help you!

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS
[2] https://github.com/ok-at-github/flexjs-docs/wiki
[3] http://moonshine-ide.com/ and https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE
[4] https://nextgenactionscript.com/

> I am working in a small company building a Mobile App with Flex/AIR. Some
> of
> our customer would like to have a alternative webbased version. So FlexJS
> would fit perfectly. We would really like to test FlexJS since a lot of
> months but we don't have the ressources to really do it as our App is
> really
> complex and we have to focus our work on the product and its features and
> daily business.
>
> The first time I have heard about FalconJS/FlexJS I thought the goal is to
> compile existing Flex Projects to HTML5, ... That would be amazing... ! Are
> there any plans for the future to compile Flex-Projects to HTML5? Are there
> any numbers of how much (standard) Flex-Projects are currently running out
> there?
>
> And as an alternative question - are there any
> tutorials/guidelines/checklists out there for a fast migriation?

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki