Quantcast

Flex Remoting to ColdFusion 10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Flex Remoting to ColdFusion 10

Jeffry Houser
Hi Everyone,

  I'm a bit stuck and am not even sure where to go for help.  I'm hoping
someone has the magic bullet that I'm missing.

  I'm trying to connect an AIR/Flex App to a local install of ColdFusion
10 using Remote Object.  I haven't done this in quite a while. This is a
brand new install of ColdFusion 10 [32 bit version] and Apache 2.2 [I
think is also 32 bit].

  On the ColdFusion side; mylocaldomain.com/flex2gateway returns a 404
error.  The old rule of thumb was that this meant things were not set up
properly.  s

  The "Enable Flash Remoting" checkbox is checked in the ColdFusion
administrator.

  I tried tweaking the urlworkermap.properties for ColdFusion 10 as
described here:
http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2012/12/flashservicesgateway-and-coldfusion-10/ 
and that had no affect.

  I tried uncommenting the 'start flex 2' section of the web.xml as
mentioned here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1476011 and it had no
affect.

  I've poured over various CF Config files and administrator settings
with no luck.

  I set up a simple Flex/AIR to CF Sample; and the Flash Builder network
monitor response is a 404 error when calling the gateway.

  I'm at a loss for what I should look at next; I remember this always
just working in the past.

  Anyone have any ideas?


--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
http://www.jeffryhouser.com
203-379-0773

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Flex Remoting to ColdFusion 10

doug777
If this is a local install and this is the CF Developer edition perhaps the flexgateway is at http://localhost:8500/flex2gateway/

Doug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Flex Remoting to ColdFusion 10

Jeffry Houser
Hi Doug,

  Thanks for responding.

  It is a local install and it is the CF Developer edition; however it
is linked to Apache Web Server running on Port 80; not CF's internal web
server.

  As best I could tell none of the CF 'special' directories; so I
started looking for an Apache version of the IIS 'Jakarta' mapping.

  It turns out if I added this line to the end of the mod_jk.conf file;
things started working as expected:

  JkMountCopy All

  This line tells the virtual hosts to inherit all the settings, as best
I understand it.

  I suspect this is a side affect of me having multiple virtual hosts
set up, but am not entirely sure.  I never had to do anything like that
in previous versions of CF [that I remember].

  Thanks, again.


On 3/6/2017 11:14 PM, doug777 wrote:

> If this is a local install and this is the CF Developer edition perhaps the
> flexgateway is at http://localhost:8500/flex2gateway/
>
> Doug
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/Flex-Remoting-to-ColdFusion-10-tp14782p14784.html
> Sent from the Apache Flex Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
http://www.jeffryhouser.com
203-379-0773

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Flex Remoting to ColdFusion 10

Alex Harui
In reply to this post by Jeffry Houser
Did you try the CF forum?  Looks like it is still active.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/coldfusion

HTH,
-Alex

On 3/6/17, 7:53 PM, "Jeffry Houser" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>  I'm a bit stuck and am not even sure where to go for help.  I'm hoping
>someone has the magic bullet that I'm missing.
>
>  I'm trying to connect an AIR/Flex App to a local install of ColdFusion
>10 using Remote Object.  I haven't done this in quite a while. This is a
>brand new install of ColdFusion 10 [32 bit version] and Apache 2.2 [I
>think is also 32 bit].
>
>  On the ColdFusion side; mylocaldomain.com/flex2gateway returns a 404
>error.  The old rule of thumb was that this meant things were not set up
>properly.  s
>
>  The "Enable Flash Remoting" checkbox is checked in the ColdFusion
>administrator.
>
>  I tried tweaking the urlworkermap.properties for ColdFusion 10 as
>described here:
>http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2012/12/flashservicesgateway-an
>d-coldfusion-10/
>and that had no affect.
>
>  I tried uncommenting the 'start flex 2' section of the web.xml as
>mentioned here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1476011 and it had no
>affect.
>
>  I've poured over various CF Config files and administrator settings
>with no luck.
>
>  I set up a simple Flex/AIR to CF Sample; and the Flash Builder network
>monitor response is a 404 error when calling the gateway.
>
>  I'm at a loss for what I should look at next; I remember this always
>just working in the past.
>
>  Anyone have any ideas?
>
>
>--
>Jeffry Houser
>Technical Entrepreneur
>http://www.jeffryhouser.com
>203-379-0773
>

Loading...