Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

12

Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

leokan23
It looks like there is an issue with the latest AIR version, after they
updated the geometry APIs.

I am trying to run some projects and i get the following errors:

param count mismatch
virt params=2 optional=1 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
over params=1 optional=0 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of Transform in
mx.geom.Transform.

at
spark.primitives.supportClasses::GraphicElement/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\GraphicElement.as:3546]
at
spark.components::Group/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:938]
at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:601]
at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:787]
at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1191]

Any ideas?

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Greg Dove
It sounds like an extra optonal parameter was added to

mx.geom.Transform.getRelativeMatrix3D

You could try monkey patching

mx.geom.Transform

by adding the source package for that to your local project, and then look
at the overridden method for 'getRelativeMatrix3D' and add the second
missing parameter for the latest version of that method

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 7:49 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It looks like there is an issue with the latest AIR version, after they
> updated the geometry APIs.
>
> I am trying to run some projects and i get the following errors:
>
> param count mismatch
> virt params=2 optional=1 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
> over params=1 optional=0 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
> VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of Transform in
> mx.geom.Transform.
>
> at
>
> spark.primitives.supportClasses::GraphicElement/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\GraphicElement.as:3546]
> at
>
> spark.components::Group/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:938]
> at
>
> mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:601]
> at
>
> mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:787]
> at
>
> mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1191]
>

> Any ideas?

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Greg Dove
sorry, that should have been:

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:08 AM Greg Dove <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It sounds like an extra optonal parameter was added to
>
> mx.geom.Transform.getRelativeMatrix3D
>
> You could try monkey patching
>
> mx.geom.Transform
>
> by adding the source package for that to your local project, and then look
> at the overridden method for 'getRelativeMatrix3D' and add the second
> missing parameter for the latest version of that method
>

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 7:49 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It looks like there is an issue with the latest AIR version, after they
>> updated the geometry APIs.
>>
>> I am trying to run some projects and i get the following errors:
>>
>> param count mismatch
>> virt params=2 optional=1 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
>> over params=1 optional=0 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
>> VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of Transform in
>> mx.geom.Transform.
>>
>> at
>>
>> spark.primitives.supportClasses::GraphicElement/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\GraphicElement.as:3546]
>> at
>>
>> spark.components::Group/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:938]
>> at
>>
>> mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:601]
>> at
>>
>> mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:787]
>> at
>>
>> mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1191]
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Alex Harui-2
If you don't need the new APIs in 33.1 and are just looking for the runtime improvements, you can set the -swf-version and maybe -target-player to a lower number.  (AIR 32 is swf-version 43, not sure what 33 and 33.1 are using)

On 3/3/20, 11:10 AM, "Greg Dove" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    sorry, that should have been:

    It sounds like an extra optonal parameter was added to

    flash.geom.Transform.getRelativeMatrix3D

    You could try monkey patching

    mx.geom.Transform

    by adding the source package for that to your local project, and then look
    at the overridden method for 'getRelativeMatrix3D' and add the second
    missing parameter for the latest version of that method

    On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:08 AM Greg Dove <[hidden email]> wrote:

    > It sounds like an extra optonal parameter was added to
    >
    > mx.geom.Transform.getRelativeMatrix3D
    >
    > You could try monkey patching
    >
    > mx.geom.Transform
    >
    > by adding the source package for that to your local project, and then look
    > at the overridden method for 'getRelativeMatrix3D' and add the second
    > missing parameter for the latest version of that method
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 7:49 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:
    >
    >> It looks like there is an issue with the latest AIR version, after they
    >> updated the geometry APIs.
    >>
    >> I am trying to run some projects and i get the following errors:
    >>
    >> param count mismatch
    >> virt params=2 optional=1 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
    >> over params=1 optional=0 flash.geom::Transform/getRelativeMatrix3D()
    >> VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of Transform in
    >> mx.geom.Transform.
    >>
    >> at
    >>
    >> spark.primitives.supportClasses::GraphicElement/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\primitives\supportClasses\GraphicElement.as:3546]
    >> at
    >>
    >> spark.components::Group/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:938]
    >> at
    >>
    >> mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:601]
    >> at
    >>
    >> mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:787]
    >> at
    >>
    >> mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[D:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-sdk\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1191]
    >>
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Sent from: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cbc451ca69fde46a1143b08d7bfa676a0%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637188594003806409&amp;sdata=ihY9KFQMn0Q7T5ImEIMtN3Q1TB%2Fod6l%2FL6di635NdUA%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

leokan23
This post was updated on .
Changing the -swf-version didn't do the trick. This is the change they did:

/Update geometry APIs to allow object pooling, so for example, rather than
creating and returning
new Point, Matrix, Vector3D etc objects, functions within the flash.geom.*
classes will take an
optional parameter that can be an object to reuse and return. /

I will try messing around with Transform.as next.

EDIT:
Ok so it looks like some things have changed and the online documentation is outdated now. Here is a link with the new updates. All changes can be foun in page 18 and 19

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Greg Dove
That sounds like there might be a few of these. Any classes that extend the
native ones inside mx.geom will likely need attention for the affected
overridden methods.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Changing the -swf-version didn't do the trick. This is the change they did:
>
> /Update geometry APIs to allow object pooling, so for example, rather than
> creating and returning
> new Point, Matrix, Vector3D etc objects, functions within the flash.geom.*
> classes will take an
> optional parameter that can be an object to reuse and return. /
>
> I will try messing around with Transform.as next.

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Frost, Andrew
Hi

Apologies for causing the extra hassle here. There doesn't appear to be a way for us to specify an API to be removed from the AS3 definitions at a particular SWF version, which actually meant we couldn't add the changes in a version-checked manner (i.e. our initial aim was to adjust the API based on the -swf-version value but we can only add new APIs in this way, rather than changing an existing one).

We've investigated the impact here a little further, and it looks like (for overriding the functions):
1) when you build the existing code (without the new parameters) then you need to use the old airglobal.swc file for this
2) an app built using the old airglobal.swc then won't run on the new AIR runtime
3) an app built using the new airglobal.swc then won't run on an older AIR runtime

Part 3 here is what would also be the case if you were just using the new APIs: our original intent was that if you chose to use the new API then of course you need to compile with AIR 33.1 SDK and run it on AIR 33.1.

I was going to suggest that the Flex code could be updated to add in the extra parameters for these overrides but I think we would still have an issue with #2, i.e. existing Flex applications will not work if run on AIR 33.1... That's definitely not a good thing, in my opinion!

So I think we need to rethink this one; I would suggest holding off making any code changes here (i.e. don't use AIR 33.1!) as there may be some other options here (the obvious one being, revert the APIs...)

thanks

   Andrew

That sounds like there might be a few of these. Any classes that extend the native ones inside mx.geom will likely need attention for the affected overridden methods.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Changing the -swf-version didn't do the trick. This is the change they did:
>
> /Update geometry APIs to allow object pooling, so for example, rather
> than creating and returning new Point, Matrix, Vector3D etc objects,
> functions within the flash.geom.* classes will take an optional
> parameter that can be an object to reuse and return. /
>
> I will try messing around with Transform.as next.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> https://clicktime.symantec.com/3PG82YtwHLcZuLsBDbCLtTt7Vc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2F

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Alex Harui-2
Hi Andrew,

I don't know about additional parameters, but have you looked at how Array.insertAt is handled in the runtime?  It was added in AIR 19, and I'm pretty sure you will get different compiler results from compiling against AIR 18, and different runtime behavior based on the swfversion as well.

I thought there have been parameter changes as well, but I can't remember any right now.

On 3/3/20, 10:13 PM, "Frost, Andrew" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi

    Apologies for causing the extra hassle here. There doesn't appear to be a way for us to specify an API to be removed from the AS3 definitions at a particular SWF version, which actually meant we couldn't add the changes in a version-checked manner (i.e. our initial aim was to adjust the API based on the -swf-version value but we can only add new APIs in this way, rather than changing an existing one).

    We've investigated the impact here a little further, and it looks like (for overriding the functions):
    1) when you build the existing code (without the new parameters) then you need to use the old airglobal.swc file for this
    2) an app built using the old airglobal.swc then won't run on the new AIR runtime
    3) an app built using the new airglobal.swc then won't run on an older AIR runtime

    Part 3 here is what would also be the case if you were just using the new APIs: our original intent was that if you chose to use the new API then of course you need to compile with AIR 33.1 SDK and run it on AIR 33.1.

    I was going to suggest that the Flex code could be updated to add in the extra parameters for these overrides but I think we would still have an issue with #2, i.e. existing Flex applications will not work if run on AIR 33.1... That's definitely not a good thing, in my opinion!

    So I think we need to rethink this one; I would suggest holding off making any code changes here (i.e. don't use AIR 33.1!) as there may be some other options here (the obvious one being, revert the APIs...)

    thanks

       Andrew

    That sounds like there might be a few of these. Any classes that extend the native ones inside mx.geom will likely need attention for the affected overridden methods.

    On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

    > Changing the -swf-version didn't do the trick. This is the change they did:
    >
    > /Update geometry APIs to allow object pooling, so for example, rather
    > than creating and returning new Point, Matrix, Vector3D etc objects,
    > functions within the flash.geom.* classes will take an optional
    > parameter that can be an object to reuse and return. /
    >
    > I will try messing around with Transform.as next.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Sent from:
    > https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3PG82YtwHLcZuLsBDbCLtTt7Vc%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fapache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%252F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ca072ee5deed341a30e5f08d7c0032a5e%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637188992144497184&amp;sdata=cCJ7uNX7G%2F47zmorxixVID4UN3InK83f%2BhYNMyMHLFU%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

agm65
This post was updated on .

did you find a solution? Same issues here..

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Frost, Andrew
Hi

Yes I've just checked and Array.insertAt() is just specified for SWF version 30 and upward. There's no version with different parameters that I can see. I will check with the Flash engineering team though..
See https://github.com/adobe/avmplus/blob/master/core/Array.as

In terms of a workaround here: we're going to make a small change to allow the runtime to work with the old APIs or the new ones. So no more VerifyError problems if you're running an older Flex app on the new runtime.

What we can't change though is the compiler, so compiling against the new airglobals.swc file will require the Flex APIs to be updated to the new function signatures.

The alternative would be to revert the APIs and provide them instead under a "flash.geom2" namespace (or preferably, "air.geom"..) - I'd be interested in your opinions, I'm not really sure how many people would be impacted by this. Happy to contribute the necessary changes into the Flex SDK, it's not a huge number of changes..

thanks

   Andrew

    That sounds like there might be a few of these. Any classes that extend the native ones inside mx.geom will likely need attention for the affected overridden methods.

    On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM leokan23 <[hidden email]> wrote:

    > Changing the -swf-version didn't do the trick. This is the change they did:
    >
    > /Update geometry APIs to allow object pooling, so for example, rather
    > than creating and returning new Point, Matrix, Vector3D etc objects,
    > functions within the flash.geom.* classes will take an optional
    > parameter that can be an object to reuse and return. /
    >
    > I will try messing around with Transform.as next.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Sent from:
    > https://clicktime.symantec.com/38NMYfbFR4zB7vN47iJqKvF7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fnam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com%2F%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fclicktime.symantec.com%252F3PG82YtwHLcZuLsBDbCLtTt7Vc%253Fu%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fapache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%25252F%26data%3D02%257C01%257Caharui%2540adobe.com%257Ca072ee5deed341a30e5f08d7c0032a5e%257Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%257C0%257C0%257C637188992144497184%26sdata%3DcCJ7uNX7G%252F47zmorxixVID4UN3InK83f%252BhYNMyMHLFU%253D%26reserved%3D0

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

leokan23
I think Flex libs (mx.geom.Transform) should be updated to work with the
latest versions of AIR. From the mobile perspective, it doesn't make much
sense to support older ones as you can't publish apps if you are lower than
AIR 32 for iOS or AIR 33 for Android.

I am not sure if there is any similar issue for desktops and web.

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Frost, Andrew
Thanks; so I think if the mx.geom.Transform APIs were updated, it would mean that apps built using that would then only work on AIR 33.1 and above..

Currently then:
a) if you have a Flex app and Flex SDK, you can use up to/including AIR 33.0 SDK to build your application. Everything will work fine (once we've made the change to the runtime i.e. 33.1.1.50 is the only version that will fail to load this but our next release would be okay).
b) if you are using AIR 33.1 SDK to build, then you need to update to a later Flex SDK (4.16.2?) with these new mx.geom.* APIs in them. A SWF built with this would then only run on versions above AIR 33.1.1.50..

I'm actually starting to lean towards the idea of reverting the change and just adding the new APIs alongside the old ones with different function names. Hence:
        public native function getRelativeMatrix3D(relativeTo:DisplayObject, output:Matrix3D=null):Matrix3D;
would become:
        // the original API:
        public native function getRelativeMatrix3D(relativeTo:DisplayObject):Matrix3D;
        // the new API as well:
        [API(CONFIG::SWF_44)]
        public native function getRelativeMatrix3DToOutput(relativeTo:DisplayObject, output:Matrix3D):Matrix3D;

So this one must be called deliberately and needs the output parameter to be provided (but can be null). Then actually internally our first function could just be calling the second one with a null input..

Feedback welcomed (particularly on what we should call these functions!) but we need to make a decision today really to get this into our next release!

thanks

   Andrew

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

leokan23
To me it looks like the best option would be updating Flex SDK to 4.16.2 and
implementing the new changes. However, as this might take a while, Andrew's
idea of using different function names, looks like the most feasible option
right now.

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

agm65
This post was updated on .
Hi,

yes please update the Flex version to run with the new AIR SDK 33.1. We need
64 Bit support in our apps. Is it also possible to fix the Flex SDK
installer that we can download a nightly build with that fix?

KR

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

I didn't follow the entire discussion, but I'd like to mention that I am not
sure if we still have enough volunteers which are willing to work on a new
Flex release.

That said, I think it would be nice if any AIR updates would be compatible
with the latest Flex SDK... as long as it's possible.

RE: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

Frost, Andrew
Hi Olaf

> I think it would be nice if any AIR updates would be compatible with the latest Flex SDK
Yes completely agree, this was an error on our part to not consider the fact that overrides of the APIs that we were changing would have been affected. The changes were reverted, and we have re-implemented the new functionality within additional APIs/methods so that existing apps will now compile/run without any changes on the 33.1.1.63 release.

We definitely intend that there is still full compatibility between Flex and any changes we make with AIR.. so thanks to leokan23 and Alex for bringing this to our attention!

thanks

   Andrew

I didn't follow the entire discussion, but I'd like to mention that I am not sure if we still have enough volunteers which are willing to work on a new Flex release.

That said, I think it would be nice if any AIR updates would be compatible with the latest Flex SDK... as long as it's possible.

Sent from: https://clicktime.symantec.com/3T23VtMr4Dz6j6DqBbgaf5T7Vc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com%2F

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

piotrz
Hi Andrew,

This kind of situation may occur more often in the future if Air would have
more and more features. Is there any plan to someone from your Team simply
add missing stuff to Flex? Any thoughts on this approach?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 1:49 PM Frost, Andrew <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Olaf
>
> > I think it would be nice if any AIR updates would be compatible with the
> latest Flex SDK
> Yes completely agree, this was an error on our part to not consider the
> fact that overrides of the APIs that we were changing would have been
> affected. The changes were reverted, and we have re-implemented the new
> functionality within additional APIs/methods so that existing apps will now
> compile/run without any changes on the 33.1.1.63 release.
>
> We definitely intend that there is still full compatibility between Flex
> and any changes we make with AIR.. so thanks to leokan23 and Alex for
> bringing this to our attention!
>
> thanks
>
>    Andrew

We'd be happy to add things like this geometry API change - but it's then going to be version-dependent so it would need to be compiled against the later AIR SDK and would only run on the later AIR runtime..

I'm not sure whether there are other changes that would really impact the Flex SDK itself. So perhaps we can consider these on a case-by-case basis.

The one thing I keep coming back to though, is that it seems to be a very painful process for (a) people to download and start using a new AIR SDK, and (b) people who then have to combine a Flex SDK with an AIR SDK! So we should perhaps address this in the first instance (and from our QA folk, having a simple way to ensure you get back to a clean version of one/both of these SDKs would be good too!)

Any other thoughts on missing features or things that would be useful, please send them in!

thanks

   Andrew

This kind of situation may occur more often in the future if Air would have more and more features. Is there any plan to someone from your Team simply add missing stuff to Flex? Any thoughts on this approach?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 1:49 PM Frost, Andrew <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Olaf
>
> > I think it would be nice if any AIR updates would be compatible with
> > the
> latest Flex SDK
> Yes completely agree, this was an error on our part to not consider
> the fact that overrides of the APIs that we were changing would have
> been affected. The changes were reverted, and we have re-implemented
> the new functionality within additional APIs/methods so that existing
> apps will now compile/run without any changes on the 33.1.1.63 release.
>
> We definitely intend that there is still full compatibility between
> Flex and any changes we make with AIR.. so thanks to leokan23 and Alex
> for bringing this to our attention!
>
> thanks
>
>    Andrew

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Andrew,

When Dec, 31th arrives, Flex will be out of browsers, so just allowed using
AIR. Maybe AIR could have an option to bundle Apache Flex with each version
that ensures all work right. I mean, in 2021, Apache Flex will not have
sense with AIR right? so why not to think in something that ease even more
AIR+Flex marriage? Of course a version without Flex should have sense too
for people that does not use Flex at all.

Make that sense?

Thanks

Carlos

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

leokan23
Do we really need Flex to work with older AIR SDK versions?

- Web distribution is not relevant any more and it will be EOLed in a few
months.
- Android needs AIR33 or higher (to support Android 64bit restriction).
- iOS currently needs AIR32 or higher (this will change soon as in April
2020 Apple will force iOS 13 sdk so I guess this will be bumped to AIR33 as
well).
- Mac,if not mistaken, needs AIR33 to work in the latest os version
(catalina).
- Windows is the only thing not affected.

So with all the above, I dont see a reason to keep Flex working with old AIR
versions. This is my experience so I might miss something that makes it
crucial to keep Flex working with the old versions (right now you can even
download AIR3.7 from Flex installer).

12