Flashbuilder Could Not Find A Connected Device

Flashbuilder Could Not Find A Connected Device

bilbosax
I have an old 32 bit Windows 7 laptop, at least 10 years old.  I want to use it to continue to work if I leave home and don't have access to my mainframe.  I have a project that I have been working on for almost a year, and I am not able to connect Flash Builder to my iPad.  I have iTunes 12.6.2.20, 32 bit, installed on my machine.  It connects to the iPad with no problem, but once I open Flash Builder and try to compile and install an .ipa onto the iPad, I get an error that Flashbilder Could Not Find A Connected Device.  So iTunes sees the iPad, Flash Builder does not.  I even installed an older version of iTunes, 12.1.3, but that did not help.  Any thoughts of how I can get Flash Builder to recognize the iPad on an old Windows 7 32 bit machine ??? Thanks!!

Re: Flashbuilder Could Not Find A Connected Device

bilbosax
Nobody else has ever experienced this problem???  I assume it has to be something with iTunes.  iTunes can see the iPad, but Flashbuilder cannot.  The machine is actually 64 bit, but because of its age, it is not possible to find a lot of drivers for the audio and graphics card, so I installed 32 bit Windows 7 on it.  But Flash Builder is unable to see the iPad and interface with it.  I don't know if there is a specific version of iTunes that I should install.  Any suggestions would be helpful if you have one.

Thanks!

Re: Flashbuilder Could Not Find A Connected Device

Josh Tynjala
"AIR SDK Development Supports Microsoft® Windows 7 and above, 64-bit only"

Source: http://www.adobe.com/products/air/tech-specs.html

AIR apps will run on 32-bit Windows, but it looks like you need to use a
64-bit version for development.

- Josh

On Aug 4, 2017 6:29 PM, "bilbosax" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nobody else has ever experienced this problem???  I assume it has to be
> something with iTunes.  iTunes can see the iPad, but Flashbuilder cannot.
> The machine is actually 64 bit, but because of its age, it is not possible
> to find a lot of drivers for the audio and graphics card, so I installed 32
> bit Windows 7 on it.  But Flash Builder is unable to see the iPad and
> interface with it.  I don't know if there is a specific version of iTunes
> that I should install.  Any suggestions would be helpful if you have one.
>
> Thanks!

Re: Flashbuilder Could Not Find A Connected Device

bilbosax
Wow!  Nice find Josh, I could have wasted a whole lot of time without knowing this.  Even though I will not have a lot of the drivers necessary to make a it a pleasant experience to work on, I will install 64-bit Windows 7.

Thanks again!!