Compiling flex project using maven

Maxim Solodovnik
Hello All,

I'm trying to create my first project using this [1] guide
Unfortunately it fails with following error:

[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.15.0
in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced @

Here is this dummy project: https://github.com/solomax/flex-maven (no code
at all ...)
Maven 3.3.9
Java 1.8.121

Would appreciate you can help me :)

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Quick+Start+Guide:+Building+Apache+Flex+applications+using+Maven#QuickStartGuide:BuildingApacheFlexapplicationsusingMaven-SWFArtifact

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Compiling flex project using maven

Christofer Dutz
Hi Maxim,

If you are not seeing some cool asci-art Flex Logo in your build, you are not using the flex-sdk-converter that should kick in automatically.
This is probably due to the fact that we haven’t released that yet and it is only available as a SNAPSHOT version from the ASF Maven repo.
In order to tell Maven about that, you need to provide it in your maven settings.xml … for an example see the “settings-template.xml” files in the flexjs repo [1]

But if you are using fontkit libraries for font embedding you will probably be running into another problem as the download is done from sourceforge servers and a non-us JDK isn’t able to download from there automatically. You need to manually install the Java Cryptography Extension from here [2].

Hope that helps …

Chris

[1] https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/blob/develop/settings-template.xml
[2] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

Am 07.04.17, 12:55 schrieb "Maxim Solodovnik" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Thanks a lot Chris,

I have added additional repositories
But no luck so far:

*mvn clean install -U*
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flex/compiler/4.15.0/compiler-4.15.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/org/apache/flex/compiler/4.15.0/compiler-4.15.0.pom
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.15.0 is missing, no
dependency information available
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.15.0
in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced @
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: swf @ line 24, column 13
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.openmeetings:omvideo:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
(/home/solomax/work/tmp/flex-maven/pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.0 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.flex:compiler:pom:4.15.0
in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: swf @ line 24, column 13
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException

Maybe dependency coordinates are wrong?
I found org.apache.flex and org.apache.flex.framework groups in maven which
one is correct?

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Compiling flex project using maven

Maxim Solodovnik
Maybe there is example project which I can clone and modify?

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Compiling flex project using maven

Maxim Solodovnik
Hello Chris,

Maybe you can take a look at this tiny github project, and give me couple
advice?
Or maybe there is working example project available?

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Compiling flex project using maven

Robert Miszori-2
Hi,
For me this helped. Because the pom of compiler can be found at jspresso.
I hope it helps to you as well.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

|  | Mentes a vírusoktól. www.avast.com  |

Re: Compiling flex project using maven

Maxim Solodovnik
I'll give it a try!
Thanks a lot for the answer!

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Compiling flex project using maven

Maxim Solodovnik
Thanks a lot Robert,

plugin is now being found, both compiler and playerglobal are being
downloaded and the build is successfull!
If java9 is not being used :)))

In case of java9 following error is occurred:

[INFO] --- flexmojos-maven-plugin:7.1.1:compile-swf (default-compile-swf) @
omvideo ---
[INFO] Flexmojos 7.1.1
[INFO] GPL License - Version 2.0 (NO WARRANTY) - See COPYRIGHT file
[WARNING] No themes are explicitly defined in the <theme> section or in any
scope="theme" dependencies. Flexmojos is now attempting to figure out which
themes to include. (to avoid this warning you should explicitly state your
theme dependencies)
[WARNING] Adding spark theme because spark.swc was included as a dependency
Apache Flex Compiler (mxmlc)
Version 4.16.0 build 20170305
Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation.

command line: Error: configuration variable 'metadata.date' expected 1
argument(s), got 2

Use 'mxmlc -help' for information about using the command line.
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]