Canvas

alina
Hi,

I am using mx:Canvas and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can't find
any substitute of it.

Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
functionality.

Aleena

Re: Canvas

Peter Ent-2
Hi,

Thanks for looking into Apache Royale!

As you know, mx:Canvas lets you place items using (x,y) positioning. You
can do the same thing using either js:Group or js:Container with
js:BasicLayout.

js:Group is much lighter in weight then js:Container when running the app
in the Flash Player; in the browser they are equivalent. js:Container can
be made to scroll and js:Group cannot.

If you do not need scrolling, use js:Group:

<js:Group>
    <js:beads>
        <js:BasicLayout />
    </js:beads>
    <!‹ place your elements here using x, y, width, height attributes ‹>
</js:Group>

If you do need scrolling, then you would use:

<js:Container>
    <js:beads>
        <js:BasicLayout />
        <js:ScrollingViewport />
    </js:beads>
    <!‹ place your elements here using x, y, width, height attributes ‹>
</js:Container>

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Royale Project