I'm maintaining large app that among other things enables user to capture
image with the camera or scan QR codes also using feed from the camera.
After around 30 camera activations I stop getting feed from camera.
To exclude possibility that it has to do anything with the rest of my code I
built very simple one component app just for testing. This is the code.
The only difference I noticed between instances of Camera object when camera
feed is visible and when it's not any more visible is that currentFPS
property of those instances have different values. When things work fine
currentFPS was larger than 0 and after feed was lost that property had value
I'm using latest version of AIR 32. Also, important thing, this issue occurs
only on devices running Windows 10 (tried on both Pro and Home versions).
When running on mac I managed to open and close camera feed for more that
200 times and it didn't stop working.
I can't be of much help because I have never used the camera on a desktop
ever. But I just wanted to add that this might be a good question to
actually ask on the Adobe Air Developement forum located here. If nobody
bites here, they might be able to help there as well:
Hi, I never saw this post or I would have responded, this has to do with the
specific camera and driver you are using I will bet. I ran into this issue
at my job and it took us weeks to figure out when clients told us this was
happening. We ended up finding out that with the camera model they were
using, one set of drivers would cause this to happen, but another set of
drivers would work fine. It also depended on the camera model. I can't
recall what models though. I believe it happened to be a Logitech one,
though I'm sure it would happen with other models as well. For us it was
exactly 72 activations every single time. It was utterly consistent in that
The only advice I can give is to try differnt camera models or different
drivers for the camera you had. In our case the "generic" windows ones I
think didn't work and we also tried two different drivers provided by
Logitech themselves and only one ended up working.