Button/List question

Brian Zaleski
Hi,

One of our designers got hooked on the idea of this button:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/button/examples/splitbutton/defaultcs.aspx

If you look at that button, it has some rather odd functionality. I'm
wondering if anyone has built anything like this in Flex.

I found a reference to this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/xd/core/axm/view/components/AXMSplitActionButton.html

Which *may* work, given the name, but really don't know.

The problem with that Ajax button, is that you can't use a click event
on a Flex button, because every time you click the dropdown, well, you
*click* it...there is no way to tell if you are clicking directly on it,
or if you are doing a pull-down. So basically a button that is a mash-up
of a Button and a DropDownList.

TIA,

Brian Zaleski

RE: Button/List question

Tianzhen Lin
The button is PopUpButton.  Which consists of main action button and a popup
caller button.  Though Flex's spark framework does not come with such
button, I have made buttons like this before and it is not that difficult.

Tangent