Quantcast

Autocomplete/Intellisense in NextGenAS for VSCode

TLH

Autocomplete/Intellisense in NextGenAS for VSCode

TLH
Hello--

(I hope this is a good place to ask for help on this issue; I would appreciate direction to a better place if it's not.)

I recently started using VSCode in conjunction with Adobe Animate CC to work on Flash projects in AS3. I installed the NextGen ActionScript extension primarily to get Intellisense and autocomplete for both Flash libraries and references within my project. I've messed around a lot with the required asconfig.json and I can't get any results. I get either hundreds of errors and warnings or simply "Failed to load project configuration options."

I don't think I'm particularly interested in actual compilation through the extension, as I simply use Shift-Cmd-Enter in Animate to compile and test the SWF.

Here's a representation of my directory structure.
dirA
... dirB
...... dirC
......... UtilFolder
............ Util1.as
............ Util2.as
............ etc.
......... ProjFolder
............ Project1
............... SourceFile1.as
............... etc.
............ Project2
............... SourceFile2.as
............... etc.
At the top of each source file, the package path is:
dirB.dirC.ProjFolder.[Project name]
Optimally, I'd include the Util files in autocompletion as well. I've tried putting asconfig.json in dirA (trying to match the package path) and in [Project name]. I've tried various combinations of using source-path and include-sources and such. All to no avail.

Can anyone help? Am I way off base because I'm using this along with Animate? Thank you for your time.

Re: Autocomplete/Intellisense in NextGenAS for VSCode

OmPrakash Muppirala
I think https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/issues is a better
place to ask this question.
All the best!